Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems just as i am getting one issue figure out another one rears its ugly head. Im not sure my SRT 4 is very sturdy. Who said these were going to hold up under heavy loads and high power? Maybe i just had that in my head. Im not sure these take to tuning as well as everyone thinks. Just wait till you have had it for a year.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
what im starting to realize is, the car is not too fond of messing with it's system....

By this i mean, switching it's vacuum lines around, and shit like that. I pay extremely close attention to the way my cars react while im drving them... I pay attention to the way the engine sounds, the boost responds, and idle......
As of right now, my car has me on the edge....
I am running with Stage 0 with a AGP WGA, and the greddy EBC..... An i get the CEL, everyday, and the car just doesnt seem to feel as smooth as it once did...its kinda jerky and hesitates....... So i ordered Stage 1 to hopefully cure this problem.
But, another thing im going to look into is solenoid 2... I have that bypassed in order to hook up my Profec B, and im not sure how much my car really likes that.. so i may try and go back to stock vacuum line setup with stage 1 and see how much better it performs................

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once its screwed its screwed

Without a tuneable ECU things can get ugly/
moltenice said:
what im starting to realize is, the car is not too fond of messing with it's system....

By this i mean, switching it's vacuum lines around, and shit like that. I pay extremely close attention to the way my cars react while im drving them... I pay attention to the way the engine sounds, the boost responds, and idle......
As of right now, my car has me on the edge....
I am running with Stage 0 with a AGP WGA, and the greddy EBC..... An i get the CEL, everyday, and the car just doesnt seem to feel as smooth as it once did...its kinda jerky and hesitates....... So i ordered Stage 1 to hopefully cure this problem.
But, another thing im going to look into is solenoid 2... I have that bypassed in order to hook up my Profec B, and im not sure how much my car really likes that.. so i may try and go back to stock vacuum line setup with stage 1 and see how much better it performs................

·
Registered
269 Posts
Had mine a yr. and no problems. With that being said, you can't tune the car and expect it to still act stock especially a turbo car. Mine bucks and does the things your describing, but I've altered it so I don't expect it to be smooth and act like a lexus. Good Luck and hopefully your problems are an easy fix.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My issue is turbo lag. Boost doesnt come on until 4000 rpm and doesnt peak until redline. I have replaced turbo and manifold, Bov, wastegate, ECU and checked for boost leaks. I have had it into two shops so its not me missing something. My boost falls of to 14psi everytime, no matter what the wastegate is set to. Under wide open throttle, all the noise is there but the pull is not anywhere near what it should be. ON the dyno my boost is all over the place. I have had the my setup bypassing all the stock solenoids and still the same thing. Now i am working on checking voltage at the CAmposition sensor and everyother sensor i can find. I can not even smoke my tires.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no sticky idle

I dont have a sticky idle problem which i think comes with the TPS problem
JCert said:
What about TPS sensors. Either of you two checked that?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sean, I'm sure you've tried almost everything. Do you remember if you changed anything right before the problem started. Or did the problem just appear one day? Also, you aren't throwing any codes right?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car was running healthy for a month after i added the adjustable wastegate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.