Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since its taking since MAY to get my dang manafold made....the post is in midwest forums....I wanted to put my hks ssq bov back on. Well I put it back exactly how it was before when I took it off. It was T'd into the throttle body....I capped off the pink line. 1st gear is fine taking off cause doesnt get past 10 psi, but when going in 2nd and above when it tries to go past 10psi it makes loud whining noise. Now before way back then when I put it on the first time I had same whining noise when I tried to get on it. The problem ended up being where I T'd into the throttle body. Its dark outside, but I checked where I T'd and those lines seem perfectly fine....pink line is fine. Only thing I can thik of is taking the intake off and looking back by thte turbo to see if maybe the green line came off or something. What you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stealth said:
A Line probably popped off...

How do your brakes feel? good? Does the car rev normal?

Best bet is just to look and go through all the lines.
Or do a boost leak test...would actually be the best bet.
Brakes feel fine..revving normally. Also I havent checked the intake to make sure all the way on turbo...pretty sure i checked before i closed the hood, but never know....too hot to check now...will wait a lil while

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NEW2Boost said:
Same shit happened to me. The coupler from the intake wasn't completly on the turbo. Tighten the clamp.
Well I went out and checked...the coupler is fine on the turbo. If I dont find a vaccume line fallen off anywhere or loose then I will do a search on a home leak test kit.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took everything apart and put everything back together. All vaccum lines seem secure with no cracks. Intake ir on turbo fine. I just went out and bought the leak tester stuff. Gonna go out and drill the hole for the valve stem and test her out. Will get back later on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.