Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’ve got an 05 NSRT4 with stock turbo and a few mods. I’m looking to make around 24 lbs of boost and i’m wondering what is the best turbo kit to go with, and also what else should be done to make boosting that high safe?

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
i'm just going to jump in here real quick before anyone else has a chance to...

you need to read up and do a LLLLLOOOOTTTTT more research on the topic.

The selection of a turbo should never be based on the amount of boost you want to run. The turbo selection should be based on the amount of power you want to make and where in the power band you want to make it. two different turbos of different sizes can both output "24 psi" and make VERY different amounts of power doing it.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Agreed

Get the correct combination for the application and you'll have countless miles of fun.

Get it wrong and frustration will set in quickly. And so will the extra cost...

Do your research and take your time. If you need some expertise, I would suggest Mike @ Forward Inc.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to +1 on both posts above. Figure out your power goals and base your turbo off that selection but give yourself some room to grow so you are not consistently maxing the turbos efficiency.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll be honest I don’t know much about these cars, I just got my first one and i’m trying to learn so I figured I should come here. I would like to make around 350/375hp. I don’t quite understand power band yet so I’ll definitely look into that and do a lot more research before making any decisions.
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
I’ll be honest I don’t know much about these cars, I just got my first one and i’m trying to learn so I figured I should come here. I would like to make around 350/375hp. I don’t quite understand power band yet so I’ll definitely look into that and do a lot more research before making any decisions.
Thanks guys.
the basic gist of it is, the larger the turbo, the higher the RPMs are when it will hit full boost. At the same time, the larger the turbo, the more power it will make at lower PSI levels. (this is where CFMs come into play(amount of air flow vs pressure of the air)).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts