Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would you go with mahle,mopar or JE piston rings? Stock pistons. Just don’t know which would be a better choice. Also best headgasket with bolts?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
i feel as though the rings should match the piston... mopar pistons, i would go with mopar rings...

Also, stock head gasket is known to be very strong. I would recommend using head studs to bolt it all together if you already have it all apart.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has MAHLE pistons so yea I’ll just go with mopar. Same as for the headgasket. Does ARP make the regular stock bolts I just rather have them?

i feel as though the rings should match the piston... mopar pistons, i would go with mopar rings...

Also, stock head gasket is known to be very strong. I would recommend using head studs to bolt it all together if you already have it all apart.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
if you dont want head studs, here are the OEM bolts...

keep in mind that those bolts are torque to yield bolts, which means they are meant to stretch when they are torqued down and are a 1 time use bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you use head studs? When I did diesel customers wanted ARP head studs and they blew more head gaskets. So that’s why I been hesitant. I know diesel is a little different than gas but the ARP head studs didn’t torque no where near what pen head bolts would so if headstuds are better than I’ll use them just like an opinion

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
I have ARP studs in my motor. I run them because in my brain, a bolt that is supposed to stretch when torqued cant possibly hold the head down as tightly as a stud that doesnt stretch....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts