Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. In the middle of my nice extended road trip, the stock KDWs have decided to show me the wear bars.

So, on the delightful note of "LAST FREAKING MINUTE" I am limited to the following choices:

Yokohama AVS Sport $1115.48

Fulda Extreme $927.90

Nokian WR $1037.00

All prices are CANADIAN $$, for all 4 tires mounted and balanced.

Now, I don't care about speed ratings and snazzy tread designs. I want a set of tires that can take occasional runs to 200kph, have decent performance and handling, and last longer than the 20,000kms the KDWs burned through. I can't afford new tires every 4 months.

Feedback please!

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i havn't heard of the last 2 brands, but i've heard good things on the yoko's

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Nokians have a 100,000kms tread warranty on them, and can "handle slight doses of snow". They're a V-rated tire, directional, re-inforced sidewall, and good reviews all across the board. The only thing of note is that they are marketed as a "tire to meet the changing winter conditions of Europe". Does this mean it's a winter tire?! All season?! WTF!

The Fulda's are exclusive to Big O Tire in Canada - they're *apparently* all the rage on the Autobahn. Z-rated. Directional.

The Yokos look ok - but the tread life looks to be dismal. I want something that will last long, and at the same time I'm willing to sacrifice the ability to go beyond 200KPH.

I don't drag, I don't compete - I just put an awful lot of miles on my cars. I want a set of performance tires, backed by a major distributer, that will last more than three roadtrips.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't know. I have a hard time trusting tire brands I don't know. A tire is the most complex engineered part on the entire car. But, if you hear good reviews about the Fulda's then try em out.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k - I got a smoking deal for a set of Hankook Ventus K104s - $686CAN shipped! Online retailers kick ass.

They're 225/45/17, so will this cause any issues? According to the Tire Size Calculator @ TireRack, they're a smidgen wider and a couple of mm shorter, but the sidewall is about the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts