Votes: 16 37.2%
  • B & B

Votes: 18 41.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna do a poll on this. I'm shopping for a turboback catless exhaust. I want something that will make good gains without being obnoxiously loud. Everyone that has one of the exhaust systems mentioned, please give me a vote for what you think is the best. Hopefully this will narrow my choices down a bit. Thanks!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If any of you want, you can respond with reasons why you got what you did or why you didn't get any other exhausts. Pros and cons are good to know.

·
Registered
903 Posts
B&B by far.

Why? It's the only 3" stainless system on there. And it at least has some sound control.

The BDJ's work well, but I want an exhaust that looks stock, isn't crazy loud and is stainless steel.

My hybrid exhaust is still pretty loud - even with 2 resonators.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cwepruk1 said:
B&B by far.

Why? It's the only 3" stainless system on there. And it at least has some sound control.

The BDJ's work well, but I want an exhaust that looks stock, isn't crazy loud and is stainless steel.

My hybrid exhaust is still pretty loud - even with 2 resonators.
Cool. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Hey, don't forget about the MAXX FAb system.............

Full stainless, 3 inch mandrel bent, any dp you want (no cat, cat, interchangeable) Magnaflow muffler with 4 inch slash cut tip. And can be had for $599 without cat.........gives a smooth deep tone.

Contact me if you have any questions..........

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have maxx fab/mopar

forgot to add this to your poll...maxx fab 3in 02 housing and 3in downpipe w/mopar catback. looks close to stock and sounds mean.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ive done a LOT of research on exhausts that flow well, arent too loud and have exceptional build quality. I ended up going with MAXXfab.

Scotts quality and customer service has been praised more than ANY other exhaust makers out there. Dozens ans dozens of people reporting they are truly impressed with the value cant be wrong.

B&B is a bit popular and is known to make good power, however it is fairly loud also. Most exhausts that make great gains are loud. Scott designed a system for people just like you with his muffled 3" single system. And, if singles arent your bag..email him regarding having something made to your specs that will suit your needs.

I for one went with a MAXXfab 3" DP mated to a mopar catback. This setup cost me a hair over $520. Alhough I havent received my system yet, Im already pretty happy with the price i paid...and ive read enough posts to know ill get the power and sound Im looking for.

Good luck with your choice.

Jason

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
If you want the most hp, BDJ's is the way to go, but it should. It's basically a dp with a resonator and dounspout attached.
My car ran 12.2 at 122 in the quater with a MAXX Fab system installed (no cat), so it will support 430+ hp. Nice thing is, it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention on the street. It's smoothe and deep sounding.

·
Registered
740 Posts
scottmech said:
If you want the most hp, BDJ's is the way to go, but it should. It's basically a dp with a resonator and dounspout attached.
My car ran 12.2 at 122 in the quater with a MAXX Fab system installed (no cat), so it will support 430+ hp. Nice thing is, it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention on the street. It's smoothe and deep sounding.
scott - is this the single side magnaflow? It would be cool if you could make a system like thermal, DC and HP with one magnaflow muffler and twin tips.
I know that your mod to hide the time works well, but I just think twin tips work better. I dont like the snap, crackle pop and thats why the muffler idea is appealing...

·
Registered
696 Posts
eatmydust said:
does maxxfab have a dual 3" exhaust?
I believe that question torments Scott like no other :eveilgrin

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Adding mufflers and stuff to a bigger pipe system all the way out will make your car heavier than stock for hp. BDJ's and others boast gains and taking 20+ pounds off your car at the same time. 10-15hp means nothing at a track with driver inconsistancy and atmosphere conditions. However no one does only one mod hehe. Sometimes my car sounds like a tractor. But oh well, pipe is on now. If you are worried about sound keep resonators or go magnaflow. My other car (1989 merkur xr4ti) is a 2.3 ford sohc turbo going to an f-150 style magnaflow split to duals out the back and it purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
956 Posts
*Cough* Modern Performance exhaust *Cough*

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Would a cat help with the popping coming for an exhaust?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts