Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just wondering what type of car has usally wanted to play in traffic with you guys the most. I live in jersey and drive to delaware were I work and find guys in Mitsubishi Eclipses are usally the fastest ones to pull up at a stop light and start revving their engines. Pore bastards. After that i find guys in bmw's are pretty quick to try their luck against an srt-4. I'm stage 2 so the only thing to beat me so far was an 06 vette. But I have a few friends at work that drive an 05 gto and an 03 bmw m3 that all want to run at cecil co. race way this spring. should be interesting.

Kill list:
2 Mitsubishi Eclipses
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
BMW 330 CI
Bmw 325 I
1989 Camaro z28
Some honda from the 80's with a 10 inch coffee can exhaust

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Has to be the Rustang. Id swear when you buy one it takes over your brain and makes you think you have the fastest car in the world.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Every race i have ever had (except a couple of slow ass hondas and a wrx) I had to instigate .... when i ask most people to race they either act like my car is way to fast or Im just not worth there time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
its funny you guys mention the mustang always tries to race you guys well to us you guys always try to race us and we think that ur cars go to ur heads and you think you have the fastest thing on the planet lol. its funny how that is actually.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd actually like to try an 05 stang. My 12 yr. old son loves stangs so it would be fun to race 1 just so i could tell him about it

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
i agree with you 04GTMustang, that's how it is w/ every car group. :lol:

I get tons of WRX's, the assortments of Honda/Acura cars (crx, SI, accords, 3.2TL, 3.2CL-s, integra, etc.), a few nissans (SE-R mostly), Mustang's... which i always get the freaking modded S/C cobra's pulling up next to me wanting to race :ugh: i always lose lol.... aaand then i get the big turbo-diesel trucks. I ran a 13.8 sec F250 King ranch the other week. I beat it but man... that's a fast truck!

I know i'm leaving some cars out but that's the main ones.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
honestly no one, i pull to stop lights or up next to people on the highway in rice mobiles and look over and they just dont want none of this. there all catching on that srt-4 isnt a neon under the hood. damn bastards.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I get a lot of respect from other FIs than I do problems, Nobody has really revved at me besides a Mustang G2G that rolled by. The only car that lined up and floored on the freeway was a 3.5 maxima I didn't even need to downshift from 4th LOL. There was a Focus that tried beating me in a on ramp to a freeway, he didn't pass me but kept up pretty good I was surprised. Mighta been blown. I had a Aveo try and race me last night. :hi:
the funniest so far has been:
Aveo
Baja
Durango
MANY saturn SL2s (wtf)
Kias and Hyundias also think that they're the fastest car ever, when really it's a kids first car and they think it's fast.

·
Banned
6,465 Posts
When I had my acr some newer firebirds ,cameros, stangs and your evos and stis always lookin to race .I just ignored them and went on. Not gonna street race anyone for anything. Speed Kills!

·
Registered
972 Posts
jfsrt4 said:
Has to be the Rustang. Id swear when you buy one it takes over your brain and makes you think you have the fastest car in the world.
No doubt about that....with a lot of owners...but not all ofcourse...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Today is the second day in a row I raced an 06 M5... i couldn't believe my luck !!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
i think i get the most races from sti's. They know they have the advantage from a stop, so after you beat him good on a roll, they say "let's do it from a stop." I don't mind much. I'll go from a stop against a sti or an evo. I may have to play the catch up game, but it's all good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
horngrabber said:
Today is the second day in a row I raced an 06 M5... i couldn't believe my luck !!!
Who won? :crying:

My nemesis seems to be WS6/Camaro SS... Scary thing is I can blow a stock, but you never know whats going on in those motors until the top of second gear.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Fast Eddie said:
Who won? :crying:

From a 3rd gear roll, I kept pulling him..... lightly.... I had him 3/4 of a car by the end of 4th...

but off the line, he took me by almost 2 cars and i was just past his rear bumper in 4th....

·
Registered
221 Posts
i can never get anyone to race,stupid neons,everyone tried to race my LT1 >.>

·
Registered
80 Posts
^^ wow, thats impressive. 500HP V10.
12.5 at 118mph?
Sure it wasnt a 2004?

Whats your trap speed?

sorry to get off topic, but that beast is a roll-on monster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
every EVO or STI i come across........ seems like they have something to prove against my srt-4
In heavy traffic I just ignore them but if the road is clear its time to get it on!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts