Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car lost its zip. Accerlerator is soft. Even tuned at AMS, the numbers are good but the zip it once had is gone. 270 hp 290 torque. Maybe one morning a month the car will start and be wound up tight again but it only lasts for 2 minutes until the car warms up. Then it loses 4 psi of boost and is sluggish again. All efforts made by shops and myself are just masking the real problem. THis has been out there before but im still stumped.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
check for boost leaks, check your pcv valve too and add a check valve if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04TurboSRT said:
check for boost leaks, check your pcv valve too and add a check valve if you haven't yet.
Car just out of AMS. Tuned to its full ability.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The basics have been done by four shops and myself a lot..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess i did forget to say its been like this for 2.5 years now. It went bad after a big burnout. A clanking sound that sped up and slowed down with the speed of the car. Finally a last clank and the car died. Started right back up. But has never been itself since. Compression check out ok.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BACARDI_DWB said:
have you guys done a leakdown test on the cylinders?
Compression has been done, but all was good so i dont think they moved on to leakdown.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about the correcting itself thing and then going bad when the car warms up. Cant be mechanical if it fixes itself for a minute right.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
you may want to pull off your inspection cover in your clutch and check it out.. also if you don't see anything pull off the oil pan (i know its a pain) and check out the rotating assembly to check and see if you have any shavings in the pan and to look around at all your bearings and such...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car idles, and runs normally. Engine sound nice. I agree, something, somewhere broke. But how could it have such little affect under normal driving conditions. I had it to Dodge and they denied any problems. I had it back to stock. WHen the horsepower comes off the problem is less noticable. When i had THE ATP turbo kit and stage 2 on it was a slug. Slower than it was when it originally was healthy. MOre power shows the problem even more. ITss like i can hear boost not being spent.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ok lets boil this down, Click CLick click die... and loss of 4 psi of boost. So it has to be something that is moving and is on the intake side of the motor.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
horizon1015 said:
Ok lets boil this down, Click CLick click die... and loss of 4 psi of boost. So it has to be something that is moving and is on the intake side of the motor.[/QUOT
On rare occasion, it corrects itself, and gains back the boost and runs like a monster again. Only for two minutes tho. ONce the car warms up it loses the boost and crispness.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The clank only lasted for about 40 seconds before the final clank and die. Car restarted immedietly and ran fine exept for the low end powe loss. At about 500o rpm you can feel the car working right but that doesnt leave anything before redline.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
j8123 said:
Have you pulled your valve cover and checked your head?
not yet.
I guess thats were im going next. But what has me spun is this thing when it corrects itself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts