Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching for the "How to install aftermarket BOV" theard that goes step by step with pics on how to install one. I search and search and couldn't find it. I believe it had something to do with t-ing into the throttle body or something like that. Would anyone like to take the time to explain to me the best way to install it. I have the pipe and HKS SSQ bov and really want to put it on but don't know how. Also I know that you need the BOP and I don't have it at this time but it is ordered and on its way. I am still stock and I am not running no higher boost. Could I just take my Mopar BOV off, install it back factory and not install any line (such as the pink), and just cap it off just for the meantime?

·
Registered
642 Posts
i believe that if you put the stock surge valve back on but cap the pink line, you won't get any blow off off at all. you may also experience lower boost. but yes, what you do is when you get the HKS set up, you put on the block off plate, cap the pink line, and T off the intake manifold. gimme a minute to find the thread w/ pics for you...

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, hey buddy!! Yeah I know I am just sitting here at work trying to get an better idea of it. Believe me I have already had the idea of calling you. If it makes you feel better I am not going to do any mods unless you are there to help me. I was thinking of take the Mopar bov off and just running stock until we get it on. Check your pm too.
(Sorry other this is way off the thread) check out this thread, they are talking about the turbo upgrades and it has a better understanding about the kits.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82277

·
Registered
559 Posts
so I see where to t off ... but do I just cut the black line? I don't see an easy way to do it ... the black line appears to be much thinner than the Ts that came with my HKS.

and if I choose not to install the BOP I assume that I do not cap the pink line. Correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.