Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any updates that anyone knows of? I've been bugging my Dodge dude on a regular basis and he still has no idea when this beast will be available for order. I've been chomping at the bit far too long...my fingernails are nubs, I have roadmaps for eyes and whenever I hear any mention of SRT-4 my head cocks to the side like a dog exposed to a high frequency sound. If this thing doesn't come out soon I'm gonna need professional help... :?:

·
Registered
317 Posts
well here from dick scott dodge in michigan you can go and put down $500 and the will order the car as soon as you can order it, but they will not start producing them untill feb 9th so it will take 6-8 weeks they told me

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local dealer says that sometimes a new model will just show up at the dealership for no apparent reason. This just happened, I'm told, when a trailer full of Hemi trucks arrived. The dealer didn't order them...they just appeared. The dealer now has my pager number just in case an SRT-4 "appears."

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DC "Customer Service" useless still...

I just love the free flow of knowledge coming from DC...NOT...

I wrote:

I am looking for accurate, updated info for the SRT-4. My local dealer
seems to be clueless so I am asking you. Here are my questions...
When will the SRT-4 be available for ordering through my local dealer?
Does 5 star status affect ordering availability? In order to sell the
SRT-4, does my dealer need to send someone to one of the specific SRT-4
classes being conducted in FL or CA? It's been rumoured that rollout
of this vehicle has been pushed back to late spring...is this correct?
Another rumour is that 1st year production numbers have been dropped
from 5000 to 3000. True? One comment about the site in general as
well. Many things I click on pertaining to the SRT-4 say "see your
dealer." That would be fine IF my dealer knew any of the info I seek.
Please either update this site or the dealers. Thanks!

They wrote:

Thank you for contacting the DaimlerChrysler Information Center
regarding the Dodge SRT-4.

We are proud of our accomplishments and the excitement our products are
generating. We are successful because we concentrate our resources in
the areas of new product development.

The DaimlerChrysler Information Center, at this time, does not have any
production information available regarding the upcoming Dodge SRT-4 the
information you are seeking has not been released yet.

Please stay in contact with your local dealer as well as our website at
http://www.dodge.com for newly released information as it becomes
available.

To view current information on the Dodge SRT-4, from the homepage,
select "CARS", then "SRT-4."

Again, thank you for contacting the DaimlerChrysler Information Center.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i hate crap like that. i dont know about you guys, but when they say stuff like that, it gets me even more pissed. the car will be coming out in a couple of months and how many "secrets" are still out there? just answer the damn questions. what exactly do they have to gain by not telling us if 5 star only dealers will get them? or how many will be produced?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The dealership that I will buy from is sending more than 1 person, and it is next month sometime. If they are sending more than 1 person, they must be planning on getting more than 1 srt-4. I called DC customer service about 2 weeks ago and they said oh yeah all dealership will get them and they will be here in 1 month, hahaha yeah right.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
i hate crap like that. i dont know about you guys, but when they say stuff like that, it gets me even more pissed. the car will be coming out in a couple of months and how many "secrets" are still out there? just answer the damn questions. what exactly do they have to gain by not telling us if 5 star only dealers will get them? or how many will be produced?

They don't want to promise or guarantee something and then piss people and/or get sued when they're wrong. I don't blame them. Be patient, it will come. 8)

-Faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well they promised 215 hp/ 245 lb-ft at the crank. they lied about that. they promised it would be out soon... it hasnt. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
they are already building srt4. I live where they are built. they built around 80 already. i have awesome pics on my computer that I took of them, but don't know how to put them on site

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pissed?

lifeisdeath said:
i hate crap like that. i dont know about you guys, but when they say stuff like that, it gets me even more pissed.

Pissed doesn't even begin to cover it. I have no understanding whatsoever when it comes to what makes the marketing arm of DC tick. I wish I could email a lump of coal to Ma Mopar over this whole thing...

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Holy shit...jg, you are AWESOME, those are bad ass pics, I wonder if one of those yellow one's is gonna be mine?? :lol: dealer said he'll definently be able to order it in January, I live in florida and I know we're getting the first ones and he's going to that training thing in January too I believe

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
so did you notice if they are mostly ones without side airbags, or if they have the neon seats? somebody said that they will be building the ones with side airbags first.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
whats with the x? is there another picture?

·
Registered
17 Posts
they definately have the race seats. not sure about the side air bags as I didn't have a lot of time there. the Plant is shut down until Jan 6, so when my bro returns to work that week hopefully he can provide me with some good info

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
About this Discussion
105 Replies
26 Participants
RaptorRed
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing