Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the mods listed in my sig can i take advantage of a fully built ported turbo and ported ex. manifold? and my bug question is how much more is this going to lean out my car? do i have enough fuel to do this mod? ive looked around for some answers but cant find any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
talk to ptp performance there very knowledgeable. they should be able to any questions you have.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
ported turbos dont do jack shit. i have one. didnt notice any improvements due to how little of material can be removed.

if you're going to get a ported manifold, do one w/ an external wastegate to actually get some beneficial power.

i have the ported setup. it was nice, but not worth 400+.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,529 Posts
comeing from the man with a ported turbo running 11's that just sounds weird.........i noticed big gains off of porting my turbo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
sounded kinda wierd to me too!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
he doesnt and never has ran a ported turbo.

hence why hes the "fastest STOCK turbo"

he has a ptp ported mani tho
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,529 Posts
i believe the poster was asking about a manifold too....sooooooooo yes dan does run a ported mani
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
onthedwnlow said:
i believe the poster was asking about a manifold too....sooooooooo yes dan does run a ported mani

you said in your previous post, he runs a ported turbo.
and im clarifying that he doesnt.

two different things there man.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
862 Posts
get the ported manifold, s2 injectors and a fuel pump. them turn the boost up to 22psi and tune it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blue04intracy said:
get the ported manifold, s2 injectors and a fuel pump. them turn the boost up to 22psi and tune it.
wont it just spike higher rather then holding the boost? im looking for something to help me hold some extra psi to redline without spending the money for a big turbo.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,529 Posts
Slow_spool said:
blue04intracy said:
get the ported manifold, s2 injectors and a fuel pump. them turn the boost up to 22psi and tune it.
wont it just spike higher rather then holding the boost? im looking for something to help me hold some extra psi to redline without spending the money for a big turbo.
no it will hold more to redline too and with a clipped exhaust wheel it will hold even more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
i am waiting to get my w/i in and tune it to see how much more i can go i am hoping for 30 psi just for shits and giggles i do know it pulls like mad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
862 Posts
i spike 23 hold 20 till 5200rpms and falls to 17 at redline
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top