Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering when its necessary to unplugg the negative batt terminal when installing parts....do u guys do it at every install?? i know for a mopar bov its necessary but for other simple things is it just better to always unplugg it and then hook it back up to let the pcm get used to the setup???...might be kind of a stupid question but for those that can answer to this question, that would be great.....thanx

·
Registered
126 Posts
you pull the negative on the batter when you want to restart the pcm.... there are tons of reasons.. i just cant remmember all of them.. :rofl:

·
Registered
648 Posts
well i think it's more of a better to be safe then sorry thing.... my stage 2 install was with the battery still connected and my BOV was too. but it's recomended in just about install that involves something in the engine bay being touched or moved. i know if you install different bushing for your shifter like the booger bushings... if you want to add them to the shifter cable you have to take the battery out i think to even reach it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
everytime i change my oil, i tighten down all the places that there could be a boost leak, and i also leave the battery unhooked for about 20min to get everything fresh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts