Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I was pushing my car to redline, redling into 1st and 2nd gear. After a good 15 minutes of hard driving, when I went into 2nd gear, all the sudden my "Malfuntion Engine" lite comes on and my car putted and shut off.
:huh:

Soon after it wouldn't start up, So I tried a few hours later, it still churrned without any life. So I came back the next morning, tried again, turned on without any problems. Idle'd perfect, nothing funny. I stayed at LOW rpm's, just in case it did the same thing

When I got into my neighborhood, I tried boosting to maybe 5-7psi, Soon after SAME thing happened, "Malfuntion Engine" lite appears and car dies..
:dunno:

I went home and checked my owners manual, it said that the Malfuntion lite whic is part of an onbard diagnostic system called OBD that monitors engine control systems, comes on typically when a loose or missing gas cap is found or poor fuel quality is detected/etc. "The vehicle will drive normally and will not require towing.. When the engine is running and the "Malfuntion light" is flashing, serious conditions may exist that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic coverter damage. It said that the vehicle should be serviced ASAP"
:intrestin

My Malfuntion light blinks a couple of times when I turn 1 click before ignition, thereafter the light just stays consistent without any more blinking.

Before I take it into the dealership while spending my hard earned money, I wanted to know if anyone knows whats going on here.

**:intrestin I'm thinking its some kind of OBD Engine controll system feature, that resists the car's engine so it won't cause it damage? I'm not sure, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
eunsei said:
Last night, I was pushing my car to redline, redling into 1st and 2nd gear. After a good 15 minutes of hard driving, when I went into 2nd gear, all the sudden my "Malfuntion Engine" lite comes on and my car putted and shut off.
:huh:

Soon after it wouldn't start up, So I tried a few hours later, it still churrned without any life. So I came back the next morning, tried again, turned on without any problems. Idle'd perfect, nothing funny. I stayed at LOW rpm's, just in case it did the same thing

When I got into my neighborhood, I tried boosting to maybe 5-7psi, Soon after SAME thing happened, "Malfuntion Engine" lite appears and car dies..

I went home and checked my owners manual, it said that the Malfuntion lite whic is part of an onbard diagnostic system called OBD that monitors engine control systems, comes on typically when a loose or missing gas cap is found or poor fuel quality is detected/etc. "The vehicle will drive normally and will not require towing.. When the engine is running and the "Malfuntion light" is flashing, serious conditions may exist that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic coverter damage. It said that the vehicle should be serviced ASAP"
:intrestin

My Malfuntion light blinks a couple of times when I turn 1 click before ignition, thereafter the light just stays consistent without any more blinking.

Before I take it into the dealership while spending my hard earned money, I wanted to know if anyone knows whats going on here.

**:intrestin I'm thinking its some kind of OBD Engine controll system feature, that resists the car's engine so it won't cause it damage? I'm not sure, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Hit the key back and fourth three time this will give you the Check engine code that has been detected, but it sounds like fuel pump is going bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ROBSSRT4 said:
eunsei said:
Hit the key back and fourth three time this will give you the Check engine code that has been detected, but it sounds like fuel pump is going bad.
I Got the Check Engine Code //P 2302//

I looked it up and found this: P2302-IGNITION COIL #1 SECONDARY CIRCUIT-INSUFFICIENT IONIZATION

Can someone put this in Laments terms?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts