Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dumb question, but when should i change my sparkplugs for the first time?

and does AutoZone, Discount Auto Parts or NAPA have the plugs we need? since today is sunday the parts dept. at my dealer is closed.

·
Administrator
39,344 Posts
10k would be a good number. any of those places should have the plugs, but I think napa might be the best shot.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If its a new car pull them out while you change ur oil for the first time preferably by the dealer. People have have had plugs with incorrect gapping right from the factory and have fouled plugs b/c of this. Also i hear it helps with the rough idle that sets in after awhile

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i have found that this car likes to eat spark plugs. i have gotten in the habbit of changing my plugs every 6 months or so. if i let it go longer than that the idle gets rough because the plugs have opened up. spark plugs are cheap and i'd rather replace them then let my car run like crap because i'm too cheap or lazy to fix it.

yes, it's overkill and i'm sure that many people will think i'm nuts, but i have no problems with my car and it's been running great, so i'll continue to do it. btw - i use the ngk's, which you should be able to get at napa, or try sparkplugs.com if your local napa can't get them.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
hmmmmm, car has 17k miles on it and i still havent changed my plugs. Other then the hardstart issue alot of us were having i dont have any probs, and i dont think that was cause of the plugs. But i did pull them out and regap em cause all of them were gapped between .055 - .065. But i do think its time for a change, cause last time i pulled em out they were a bit fouled looking. You guys still going with the NGK's? Or would the stock champions at a .040 gap work good too?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I should be getting my new set of NGK's this week. My car has 14k, so I'm hoping these new plugs will help smooth out the early hesitation.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm on my 4th or 5th set of plugs with 8600 miles on the car. Stock Champions changed anytime the idle degrades or if I get a high speed miss. Seems like every 2500 miles or so. CHEAP way of keeping the car running right. 4 plugs at NAPA for $6.00, a few pennies worth of anti seize, and 20 minutes of my time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts