Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anybody can help me ? i need to know if i purchase a stoptech brake kit what wheel size will work , i would like to run a 17x7 or 7.5 on the street and a 15x8 at the strip on weekends. i would like to know the correct offset and backspacing also. thanks , any info would be great.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
STOPTECH.COM said:
Whether a kit fits a stock wheel is dependent on the specific application. Our ST-40 four-piston caliper usually requires a minimum 17" wheel size for a 332mm (13") rotor and a minimum 18" wheel for a 355mm (14") rotor. If a 380mm (15") rotor is uses, a 19" minimum wheel size is likely necessary. More important than the diameter is the clearance between the face of the caliper and the inside of the wheel spokes. Wheel width and offset have nothing to do with this clearance area; it is strictly a function of the spoke design. We have detailed templates on our website that will allow you to accurately test fit any wheel. Be sure you check wheel fitment BEFORE committing to a wheel set or big brake upgrade. Here is a link to the Wheel Fitment Charts: http://www.stoptech.com/wheelfitchart/wheelchart_index.htm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.