Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so right now I have Stern ST1 wheels they are 18x8.5 +35 wheels the tires that I have mounted on them are 225 40 R18's and I do not rub anywhere on my current bc coilover setup

I am looking to go down to a 17 inch rim. Now here is my question...

For the front I want to run a 235 40 17 drag radials and was wondering if I got a 17x8 +35 wheel, would I rub? I am looking at getting a cheap set of xxr wheels but I don't want to rub please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also not against going down to a 16. Just want to keep the rim and tire sizing the same using a smaller rim just more tire. I'm mostly concerned with the front sizing and width. Once again any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been in that article a million times lol. I am more concerned with the bigger drag radials like the mickey Thompson street et. Much taller and wider than discussed in that thread.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking at the 225/50/15 mickey thompson street et

or

26 x 9.50R15 does any one know if either of these will fit with my current suspension set up?

also anyone have any input on which would be best

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get to drive on them yet? How do they hook? Also what are all the specs on the wheel? Off set etc. Can anyone verify that this tire fits with the bc coils?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I really only drove down the road, first impressions are that the car is a lot easier to start from a stand still during normal driving. I also noticed that they feel really sticky and smoother compared to my old rims with 225-45-17 nitto nt01 tires on the fronts. My old setup weighed 40 pounds per wheel and tire, whereas the new setup weighs 32 pounds per wheel and tire. They fit fine with agp coilovers, so I dont see why they wouldn't fit with bc coils. I havnt tested it, but I dont think these would fit with stock struts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome man. Thanks for the info. Thinking I might get the m and h radials. It's down to the et streets and m and h

1 - 17 of 17 Posts