Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the widest tire that will fit under an srt4 in 17, 18, or 19 inch wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Don't know about 18 or 19, but the SRT comes stock with 205/50-17 tires on it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Going by what www.discounttiredirect.com/ says 215 is the recommended max for the factory wheels and the same for 18s and 19s. Depending how the rear suspension is setup I wouldn't be surprised if 225's would fit without spacers or bending the side arms on current Neons.
We can't wait to find out :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I went and talked to my bud at Discount Tire about tire size and he said the widest I can go without problems is a 215. I want atleast 225 if not 235 on it. I'm hoping it won't take too much work. BTW if you are looking for a lightwieght 17" rim the Centerline RPM is about the lightest I've found for under $300 a piece, 13.5 lbs each. Thats light for a 17" rim. Most are around 20 lbs or more.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
srt4

sorry but had to bring this one back cause i have a question i want to know if 18's will fit the srt4? i want my rim to fill the wells

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
someone's not paying attention :)

http://pictures.waspnest.net/ebbtide-pvo-srt-02-22-2003/thumb.htm

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Racing Hart

Racing Hart cp-035
Around same price and weight

daytonagts said:
I went and talked to my bud at Discount Tire about tire size and he said the widest I can go without problems is a 215. I want atleast 225 if not 235 on it. I'm hoping it won't take too much work. BTW if you are looking for a lightwieght 17" rim the Centerline RPM is about the lightest I've found for under $300 a piece, 13.5 lbs each. Thats light for a 17" rim. Most are around 20 lbs or more.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ok guys
heres the deal on the 17s that come stock 205s are the wides but if you go with a 38mm offset wheel in 18s 235/30ZR18s may fit

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i was actually planning on getting 18x8 inch wheels with a 35mm offset (OZ racing wheels) and using 225/40-18 tires. that would give me basically the same exact diameter tire as stock, but it might rub against the suspension...... well... i hope not....

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Racing Hart CP-035 in a 17X7.5 are actually a half a pound lighter than the Canterline RPMs in 17X7. However, the cheepest price I have found on them is $440 each. That is too rich for my blood right now.

I have a business with a resale licence. If everyone could agree on a brand, I would look into picking up the line and doing a group buy thing for my cost.
Some times if you can pick up 8 or ten sets of rims you can get a good discount.

I would like to find a rim that is light (13 to 15 lbs) and at or under $200 a pop. As long as it isn't butt ugly I really don't care what it looks like. I like 225/40 or 45 by 17. I don't see the point at going any larger, but I think it is a taste thing rather than a performance one.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Thanks for the offer. We should talk more about this when most of us get our SRT-4s.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just so u guyz have the best info possible I guess I will share my knowledge. The lightest 17 X 7 rim on the market is made by weld racing and it weighs 11.6 lbs. Its always in scc magazine. The next lightest is the Centerline Impulses which I bought. It weighs 12.5 lbs. A set of 4 will cost a little less than $1200. At my buddy's shop I weighed them and they weighed 11.9 lbs on the scale. Do a search on them
Hope this helps

·
Registered
828 Posts
robj1970vette said:
Just so u guyz have the best info possible I guess I will share my knowledge. The lightest 17 X 7 rim on the market is made by weld racing and it weighs 11.6 lbs. Its always in scc magazine. The next lightest is the Centerline Impulses which I bought. It weighs 12.5 lbs. A set of 4 will cost a little less than $1200. At my buddy's shop I weighed them and they weighed 11.9 lbs on the scale. Do a search on them
Hope this helps
At the time, those Centerlines Daytona was referring to were the lightest you could get for 17x7. I used to have a set of them for my accord. By the way, the impulses that you have, are they the polished ones?

·
Registered
616 Posts
yep. polished I don't think any other colors/ finishes will look good on silver imo. I think polish is the only option I had when I bought them.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
i have Konig 18x7.5 with a 35 mm ofset and Nitto 215/40zr/18 tires

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
warriorbob said:
i have Konig 18x7.5 with a 35 mm ofset and Nitto 215/40zr/18 tires

so then i guess mine would fit, do they stick out any? and did you use any spacers for them?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
no spaces used have plenty of clearance to the brake calipers and struts and suspension parts............they do not stick out they sit justinside of the lip of the front wheel well....with the car lowered they make it look really nice.....and have not had any problems with rubbing or hitting.....the real has pleanty of clearance and the wheels astually are in alittle farter then the front......but not noticeable

:p

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hey warriorbob: which model are those? Holes?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts