Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
:thumbsup:

Sufiztics lady

Talk about throwback!

Sup Gunnar, Fellas! I miss my car so dayum much!! 7 yrs of so much fun! I live in MoVal now and see two that roam around my area and always makes me miss my car.

I got Married to Jasmine the girl Pictured and we have two Kids now. Im rolling in a Super fast 2012 Ford Fusion, who wants to Race:grin:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Wowser. Lots of OGs around here. What's up peeps! Man Sufiztic, How you been bro? You still driving trucks?

Sup Brotha, Long Time! I've been good, you know your ups and downs here and there but overall doing well. I bought my first house in MoVal 2yrs ago and just been living the Family man life now.

I stopped driving trucks in 2008 and am now a Regional Manager for a Large Luxury Carwash Chain in OC. How about you, how have u been?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kinda my fault in part... I created a facebook group for socal srt-4's and a bunch of people flocked to it. Unfortunately there are a lot of younger peeps but most of us are in our late 20's and up (I'm 40) and it's pretty chill.

JD is out of the game lol. He messes with GM F-body and LSx stuff now. He still works on my car when its something I can't do for myself. I'm not "OG" but I came in before the new crowd, when most of the OG's were just leaving.

Eric I met you a couple times in Temecula a couple years ago, and later I realized where I'd seen you before, I think I met you ages and ages ago in La Habra with the Shelby Dodge guys who have been there since the dawn of time lol. I used to have a Daytona Turbo II. You know your shit, and it was good to see that some of the legacy Shelby made its way to SRT.

Most of the meets now seem organized on the Facebook group. We've had a few. We tried to migrate Mole's annual BBQ to our group but sadly, weeks before it was scheduled to happen he lost a family member. John's been out of the game ever since. I know he still has a PT and an SRT. JD says Mole's done for good, I hope he's wrong but who knows.

But yeah feel free to come to the SoCal SRT-4 group on Facebook. I don't let asshats hang out there, it's laid back and parts get sold back and forth, meets get organized. There's still life in these cars yet.

Here's mine for reference... 2003.

Mostly stock, just an AEM CAI. Some trans work w/ billet and carbon stuffs. There is a full 3" DP and exhaust that's been sitting in my garage because I don't care to put it on yet lol. Almost 220K miles on the dial.

Side note... Eric I know your PM box is full. I have a young gal out here with a Shelby Lancer (legit numbered car) and her A555 took a dump. If you can find me on Facebook I'm Jason Arro, and maybe you can get us a line on someone in the old crew who has a spare A555 or parts for one.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It's been about 6 months since I logged in... Thinking about all the meets/races/part install days it's almost like it never happened LOL. I'm out in Redlands now... Drive a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.. been doing some off roading and outdoorsy shit. I still see some SRTs driving around town and it cracks me up at the crap I see stickered on them LOL. Man, I bet the shit I could tell them about their cars would make their heads explode. We really should do some sort of meet up though... bring all our old man cars and SUVs out there.. and run what ya brung of course!

PS. I'm secretly looking for an SRT to buy.. but everything ive seen for sale has been beyond project material.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I was almost joking about the idea of selling my street bike and getting another neon just to be annoying. There were a few on the CL that needed clutches. Hell I'm good at doing them I'd rather buy one that needs a clutch so i KNOW it will last at least 40k instead of 20k with it half worn out or so. I'm in 120 miles i'll be at 140,000k. Car runs and feels amazing but the car looks like total ass. I even fixed my sunroof. The only thing that doesn't work is the AC has leaked out from when I did the heater core. :(

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I saw a couple beautiful blue ones on the list a while ago.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Jeebus. Oldies, but goodies, in here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:bs2:

I keep seeing an E-Blue drive by my work but I still don't miss the SRT. I did however get back into the 4G63 game about two years ago.
I left the DSM scene back inn 2004 and haven't looked back. You have to spend way more $$$$ to make decent power. I owned two GS-T's and a GSX. Fun cars, I like the looks of the 1G and 2G both, but the cost of repair and upgrade... the SRT is just simpler. I don't miss Karman vortex airflow metering, I don't miss notchy transmissions that make SRT's 3rd gear issues seem like smooth shifting, I don't miss failing ball joints on 2G's, or BHG problems.

Here's my daily.

Ha. I had one of those before the SRT...

I had a 2GN (non-SRT) for awhile before the IS300. Honestly the IS300 is a great car... but there's no tuneability. You pretty much have to go GTE or what's the point? I wanted some flexibility and better MPG's... the 10:1 compression of the 2JZ-GE was killing my gas mileage. And tracking down evap codes was a bitch. I got out from under it with a trade for my SRT (and some cash my way), and honestly while it's had some issues, I have no regrets. Certainly my MPG's are better with some restraint on the pedal. I've had the SRT now for about two and a half years. Ive had to throw some money into it but at nearly 200K I expected that. The fact that it's still running without major issues at this ODO is a big deal.

Up until recently it was fine, I did some trans work and it shifts beautifully now (DCR carbon rings, a flipped blocker, billet 4th fork, billet selector). Unfortunately the last few weeks it developed some kind of mystery misfire. It isn't the coil (swapped it, tested both, no issues), I moved the injectors an the code stays 0304, I checked all the connections, I replaced the plugs. So yeah this is the first time I've had anything more than mildly inconvenient happen.

Still... no regrets.

I can always find another IS300 later. These SRT's are slowly getting wrecked by kids. I'll hang onto this one.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Ted right? I met you at JDs a couple of times.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Arro said:
Side note... Eric I know your PM box is full. I have a young gal out here with a Shelby Lancer (legit numbered car) and her A555 took a dump. If you can find me on Facebook I'm Jason Arro, and maybe you can get us a line on someone in the old crew who has a spare A555 or parts for one.
My inbox has been full since, let's see... 2006? Anyway, I mostly have 568s stashed and I'm not looking to get rid of any and my friend who might have some 555s just cleared out most of his parts but I can ask and send you a message if he still has any. Might be better off hitting up the Shelby Dodge meet in La Habra (first Thursday of the month, still going at Applebee's) as someone there probably has a line on one.

slow4dr said:
The Maggie was killed by a drunk driver 10-25-13.
That sucks. I'm still ticked at the third-time DUI offender that killed my white Spirit R/T a couple months after I got my SRT-4.

Speaking of wagons and since everyone else is posting what they're driving now, I just traded the Focus ST in on this a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
That is a sweet wagon, Eric!

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
About this Discussion
94 Replies
41 Participants
T4EaterJonny
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing