Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my car this after noon, and I am so stoked. Has to become the best day ever. Well, I was wondering what kind mods you guys think i should get first. Kind of new to the whole SRT, frist Dodge ever.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
down pipe :twisted:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes downpipes for our cars, i looked through some old posts, and saw atp pipe, are there any others, is the atp nice, what about gains?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
atp is the only one i know off so far.. check out the site for hp gains
www.atpturbo.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about Exhaust Depot, is he making a downpipe, I looked at some past forums, or is he just making a whole system

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I, also, have a little extra $$$, and am thinking of mods, but I don't want to "void the warranty" - at least not just yet. Because of that, I'm reluctant to install major pieces - all I've done so far is buy a K&N air filter. What, in your opinion, are the best mods to make, so I can smoke that slightly modded WRX in my city?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
here is a little piece of advice..

dealers dont know if your car is modded , if it isnt when it pulls in the repair bay ..
any parts you replace , keep the origanal
if something over $100 breaks and you need a dealer repair , slap the stock parts back on.. i do it, and it's worked so far ..
not with this car tho.. i have a friend that is a mechanic at a srt certified dealership, so my warranty wont b gtting flagged anytime soon..

yeah i think exhaust depot is working on a 3" turbo back system ..
ask hector on pricing etc... im not sure if his parts are for sale just yet .. drop him a pm :D

btw my first mod was a cd player :lol: oh the horse power

·
Registered
137 Posts
i'm awaiting ATPs downpipe/race pipe, DM motor mounts, already did clear sides and got rid of the crosseyed look as per gdfly's ride http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1122

Waiting to hear more info on suspension, I would like to do a set of coilovers but if all go well with the eibach pro kit I might just pick up some springs...

I am going to wait for MOPAR to mess with the ecu...

·
Registered
137 Posts
thispainisours said:

dealers dont know if your car is modded , if it isnt when it pulls in the repair bay ..
if something over $100 breaks and you need a dealer repair , slap the stock parts back on.. i do it, and it's worked so far ..
hasn't failed me yet!!! better safe than sorry...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
AJPSRT4 said:
hasn't failed me yet!!! better safe than sorry...
:wink:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
First Mod is the Type R badge. 5 hp. :)

MY dp and system should be ready in about a month. DP will fit stock setup. Also interchangable with my 3" system.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Funny Guy Hector!!!! (5hp i thought it was 10hp)...But anyways i hear alot of people are starting with a boost controller since in first and second you get less boost as the rest of the gears....And the boost controller takes care of the lack of boost in first and second....But your hairdryer also has to breathe better....So it is all up to you...Plus the boost controller adds to the interior look.....Hey Hector what about a BIGGER CARBON FIBER WING....

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
If you want quick power, a boost controller is by far the best bet. I set my boost to the stock 12psi and ran a car running only higher boost. He pulled on me easy and I had my 3" turbo back system on. SO boosting will beat a car with a full exhaust on it and is the best power adder for the buck, but its also the one that will cause a CEL etc if you dont know what your doing. Heck, even if you do know what your doing. :)

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
thispainisours said:

not with this car tho.. i have a friend that is a mechanic at a srt certified dealership, so my warranty wont b gtting flagged anytime soon..

yeah i think exhaust depot is working on a 3" turbo back system ..
ask hector on pricing etc... im not sure if his parts are for sale just yet .. drop him a pm :D

btw my first mod was a cd player :lol: oh the horse power
Don't be deceived by this statement, dealers do know when a car has been modified. I would opt to check with the dealership before making any mods to check to see if it is OK.

My dealership has no problem with this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How would the dealership know if the car is modded, if you were to put all stock parts back together they wouldnt able to tell. I do not think the computer is that sophisticated. Semmed pretty simple when I took a look at it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
yes please do telll ??
ive never had a warranty flagged ..
unledd you obviously damaged some bolts or screws .. they wouldnt be able to tell.. i stick to my plan

·
Registered
243 Posts
ravencit said:
Hey guys, I just got my car this after noon, and I am so stoked. Has to become the best day ever. Well, I was wondering what kind mods you guys think i should get first. Kind of new to the whole SRT, frist Dodge ever.
Welcome to the boards. First mod should be a K&N drop-in filter.

After you have about 2k miles, switch to Mobil 1 10W-30 motor oil.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
SRT4B
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing