Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to take mine off, but need to know whats the easiest way to do that and not to mess up the paint.

Thanks
-G2k

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what did you use to rip it off without scratching the paint?

-G2k

·
Registered
177 Posts
Seriously... your hands. u can honestly just rip it off. or if u have problems gettting a corner raised, can use 3 strands of dental floss, lie it flat against the car and work it under the badge. after that just keep pulling it off. if there is glue residue left over, don't worry bout it. it'll come off in a couple of car washes. i hope that amswer your question. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used a heat gun to soften the glue first.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
use dental floss to get it started on the sides then peel it off when u can get a grip on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You should just be able to peel them off. Ive had previous cars where i needed a heat gun, fishing wire and some kind of orange clean to get the residue off. I thought this was going to be that much of a pain in the ass but they came right off without me doing anything, it was also about 90 degrees that day so maybe it helped a little.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw this on a different thread and alot of ppl said not to do it, but I think would be pretty cool. There is a badge on the PT Cruisers that say 2.4 Turbo and right under it says High Output. I wanted to take off the SRT-4 badge and replace it with the regular Neon badge and under it put the High Output badge. I think it would be cool IMO.

-G2k

·
Registered
175 Posts
GhStRdR2k said:
I saw this on a different thread and alot of ppl said not to do it, but I think would be pretty cool. There is a badge on the PT Cruisers that say 2.4 Turbo and right under it says High Output. I wanted to take off the SRT-4 badge and replace it with the regular Neon badge and under it put the High Output badge. I think it would be cool IMO.

-G2k
Or you could replace it with a neon sxt badge :eveilgrin

·
Registered
626 Posts
or you could see what the badges are on the new neons with srt-4 appearance package look like and steal those

·
Registered
541 Posts
i heated the letters up with a hair dryer than used a credit card. worked great, no marks. if you dont heat it up, some of the glue will stick, and its not that hard to take off either with a little soap and water

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i used a knife and pried very carefully (making sure not to touch the paint or the car, just the emblem) and got under the edge of each letter. after you get up the edge, the rest peels off like a used band-aid. (it's some cheap rubber material) After i had all of it off i used bug and tar remover and scrubbed the spot the emblem was on. It removed all the sticky residue in about thirty seconds leaving no marks of any kind. no glue gun, no floss, no credit card. worked great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts