Dodge SRT Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as the bov placement goes, as ive read before here on the forums, if youve got the time and the money, keep on on the turbo and one closest to the throttle body. Yes you will release the pressure regardless of where the bov is at, BUT how soon and how much damaged is caused can be an issue there. I think of things this way, If you have one right on top of the turbo, as the stock, boomba, and forge ones are, then it will release any air inside the turbo when it releases, causing any compressor surge to be minimal, this may in fact, cause damage to the throttle body wing tho, as the boost will not return all the way back to the turbo, to the bov in the matter of 2 seconds between shifts. My theory, and i hope all would find this reasonable, is to keep the one on the turbo, if your still running the stock turbo, AND place on on the charge pipe going to the TB. This will save damage to the compressor and the throttle body. If running a bigger turbo, i would suggest the hot side pipe, so its somewhat in the middle of both parts that are protected in the use of any bov.

With that being said, I think, although i have never experienced or used either of these. Boomba or Forge for the turbo one, and Tial or a 1g dsm bov in the other place. The 1g dsm bovs are very strong. And i believe it is ptp that will put the 1g dsm flange on the charge pipe for an extra cost just liek the other flanges. Soon, in about 2 months i will give my feedback and reviews to this option, as my boomba is soon to come, and im grabbing a 1g bov off a buddy for real cheap. Hope this all helps.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i know a guy who does that with his stocker.... i also have seen a TON of big turbo guys running 1 bov for a while and no damage to the turbine, i dont think either way would cause problems, at least not for a long long time, as long as the bov is functioning properly and is adequate then it will do its job in reducing lag between shifts and protect the oh so precious turbo

anyway this thread is dead to me lol THE BEST BOV FOR HIGH BOOST IS THE TIAL
LOW BOOST......... TIAL......... OP, GET THE TIAL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tial bov here on stock turbo and I love it. Not needed at all though so worth is subjective. Mine came with the car. I wouldn't have done it myself and would stick money elsewhere.
I see. I have not done anything to my SRT4. Everything on it is still stock. Ok only thing on it is a cold air intake. Oh and a spacer so you do hear the "PSss" in between the shifts. So other than that, its as stock as they come.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I see. I have not done anything to my SRT4. Everything on it is still stock. Ok only thing on it is a cold air intake. Oh and a spacer so you do hear the "PSss" in between the shifts. So other than that, its as stock as they come.
Blue-plate is all you need. Best sounding (because it's so unique) IMO. The only other BOV I've heard that sounds like the car is exhaling (as opposed to traditional blow-off noises) is the Chiron. That thing huffs.

Not to be that guy, even a CAI and BOV notch you up from being "stock". ;)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts