Dodge SRT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,839 Posts
I have a synapse, I still get the skipping/flutter sound. And to top all that off..... Did a boost leak check and the BOV was the only leak. Leak was at the base of the BOV where it slips on and you tighten the two lock screws. Im really considering a HKS. Hear they are both good so its just which sound to like best, the whoooosh of the synapse or the piercing scream of the HKS.
DO you have the C port hooked up right?
ya, how do you have it hooked up?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
x2:paranoid:

NO FOR REAL...I GOT THE BLUE PLATE AND IT DOES BLOW OFF ALOT BUT I'M HAVING TROUBLE SEEING THAT AS A BAD THING. ESPECIALY WHEN RUNNING AN AFTERMARKET WASTE GATE.
you are correct, it is not a bad thing. i never understood why people think that the bpv going off all the time is bad(maybe they just think it is annoying). if you hear it vent, there was pressure behind it that would otherwise be trying to stall the compressor.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Boost is just pressure, and pressure moves in all directions equally. It doesn't matter if the BOV is next to the turbo or next to the throttle body, when the BOV opens it relieves that pressure, so it will all rush in the path of least resistance, which is out the BOV. It doesn't matter where the BOV is mounted in that system.
yea but the turbo creates a vaccum, which would pull the air b4 the, ic b4 a bov near the tb would...
reagardless some air will get back to the turbo with any bov or placement, just a matter of how much?

plus a turbo mount bov is way way cheaper for some with a stocker

·
Registered
494 Posts
i am not a fan of my hks ssq, it always boost vents. the part that moves to vent out the pressure a lot of times doesnt seal shut. I am debating getting a tial, but im not sure where to get the adaptors for the atp hard pipe

·
Premium Member
51,839 Posts
the one thing that is cool about the Synapse. they make adapters for othe style of flanges. one for the HKS, Tial and greddy. so if you have a HKS flange on your hardpipe, just get the adapter and it bolts right one.

·
Premium Member
51,839 Posts
i am not a fan of my hks ssq, it always boost vents. the part that moves to vent out the pressure a lot of times doesnt seal shut. I am debating getting a tial, but im not sure where to get the adaptors for the atp hard pipe
most local exhaust shop should be able to cut the old one off and put a new flange on it for ya.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have been told both that the stock surge valve leaks (stock and S3) and I have been told that it works great. My S3 surge valve on my turbofold seems to be doing fine with boost in the low 20's. Does anybody really have data to back up these claims of leakage? I could buy the spoolup recovery after shift theory easier, but again any actual data supporting this?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ya, how do you have it hooked up?
Not sure which is the C port, or how it is hooked up. It was on the car when I bought it. I kinda figured the guy who owned the car prior to me new what he was doing, Arron, "Pitviper." He built a pretty mean car. But there are vacume lines coming off all of the ports and they all tie back together then T into the vacume port after the throttle body. this is just what I can remember off hand. The car is at the muffler shop.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
I have been told both that the stock surge valve leaks (stock and S3) and I have been told that it works great. My S3 surge valve on my turbofold seems to be doing fine with boost in the low 20's. Does anybody really have data to back up these claims of leakage? I could buy the spoolup recovery after shift theory easier, but again any actual data supporting this?

Yes, I actually built a test rig out of plate aluminum and bolted a spare surge valve to it, and used my compressor to apply equal pressure to both sides, and she held fine to at least 25, not sure how much farther I went. Still have it too:)

41 - 60 of 69 Posts