Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
i run an hks but i think i would rather run a Tial.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have a synapse, I still get the skipping/flutter sound. And to top all that off..... Did a boost leak check and the BOV was the only leak. Leak was at the base of the BOV where it slips on and you tighten the two lock screws. Im really considering a HKS. Hear they are both good so its just which sound to like best, the whoooosh of the synapse or the piercing scream of the HKS.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
bov's theoredically should be closest to the turbo so a boomba imo, ive heard that external bov's arent the "best performing" w/ the stocker but that just my .02
please elaborate on this (write ups, sources, etc.)...i would really like to read up on this. Im not trying to bust your chops but I'm running stock and I hate the mopar plate.....

·
Registered
Built Trans,accelerator shaft,act twin,bst bottom bst head crane18s s366 with tubular manifold etc.
184 Posts
ive never ha any problems with my turbonetics raptor valve

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
What is "high boost"?

I say under 20psi, with the stock turbo, the stock valve works fine.
well it doesn't on mine. maybe it's warped, or just won't hold. either way it sounds like everything leaks at certain boost pressures. i'm looking for something around that will certainly hold at around 20 psi. i haven't heard anything on the raptor....

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
ive never ha any problems with my turbonetics raptor valve
Same here with stocker, and yes I have boost leak tested. Now with the d44 it does flutter at part trottle

·
Registered
656 Posts
please elaborate on this (write ups, sources, etc.)...i would really like to read up on this. Im not trying to bust your chops but I'm running stock and I hate the mopar plate.....
i can find nothing to prove either way, like i said its all in theory, as far as performance goes for a bov it to reduce lag, so what ever can get rid of the air quickly and not allow a build up of backpressure to arise will do fine, i cant see anything that TRULEY shows wheather or not it is better to have it before or after the ic, all answers to this are theory from what i see, the only real upside i can see with a bov at the tb is ease of piping, depending on the car.

the best bov on the market is the tial 50mm, ive seen less leaking issues as opposed to the others (at least around these forums)
ive also heard good things about turbosmart bov's

·
Registered
Built Trans,accelerator shaft,act twin,bst bottom bst head crane18s s366 with tubular manifold etc.
184 Posts
have you ever boost leak tested?
yes it leaks a little bit like any b.o.v i run 24 psi on big turbo.when i had stock turbo at 17 ish psi it wasnt that bad at all ive had it on my car for 3 1/2 years and its still working fine

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
bov's theoredically should be closest to the turbo so a boomba imo, ive heard that external bov's arent the "best performing" w/ the stocker but that just my .02
Boost is just pressure, and pressure moves in all directions equally. It doesn't matter if the BOV is next to the turbo or next to the throttle body, when the BOV opens it relieves that pressure, so it will all rush in the path of least resistance, which is out the BOV. It doesn't matter where the BOV is mounted in that system.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I have a synapse, I still get the skipping/flutter sound. And to top all that off..... Did a boost leak check and the BOV was the only leak. Leak was at the base of the BOV where it slips on and you tighten the two lock screws. Im really considering a HKS. Hear they are both good so its just which sound to like best, the whoooosh of the synapse or the piercing scream of the HKS.
DO you have the C port hooked up right?

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Stocker, properly hooked up, will hold as much as you throw at it. The flange can be flattened.

·
Premium Member
51,839 Posts
21 - 40 of 69 Posts