Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only test driven the SRT-4 once, so excuse me if this a dumb question.

I remember when I would start to slow down, or down shift....the car would make a sparatic grumbling/popping sound. It wasnt loud or anything, but noticeable. It sorta reminded me of race cars backfiring (or is it misfiring?) as they slow down and come into a corner or someting. Maybe its normal, since this was the first turbo car I have ever driven.

(i hope my description isnt to vague)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
its called back fires........as scc said the exhaust sounds as pissed as it acts....spitting turbo noises and back fires. otherwise it means its a good thing :D

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
That has to be the one thing aboout the car that makes everyone who checks it out smile. "It sounded that way when you bought it?" has to be the most asked question. After "How fast is it?"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell ya....it was incredible....i loved the sound....i was just wondering what it was. As I said in another post...it would be a crime to put a ricer style fart can on this car.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
not trying to hijack this thread, but a new hemi 1500 with dual outlet 40 series delta flow flowmaster muffler has to be the sweetest sounding thing i have heard in a long time. dont get me wrong, but the srt-4 sounds like a v8 at idle, but if you have ever heard a 1500 hemi with flow.......you know what im talking bout :twisted:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hehe...u guys have too much money!....donate it.....to me!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
not trying to hijack this thread, but a new hemi 1500 with dual outlet 40 series delta flow flowmaster muffler has to be the sweetest sounding thing i have heard in a long time. dont get me wrong, but the srt-4 sounds like a v8 at idle, but if you have ever heard a 1500 hemi with flow.......you know what im talking bout :twisted:
:x

I do agree, it reminds you of the old muscle car sounds. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing