Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking temperatures of below 0* F. I noticed that I only get 8-10 pounds of boost at WOT when it's this cold out. Just wondering if I may have a leak or if that's normal.

Maybe I'll take a road trip to Florida or Texas to see if I get normal boost in nice temperatures. :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just ran im on stock boost and i was holding 11psi (in 2&3 gear) 4th was skike\holding 14 to redline and it was 50's oF out I hear its normal at least thats what my buddy tells me I raced a jetta GLI with chip 3'' TBE FMIC and intake +- any other stuff he didnt tell me about and I pulled him by like 2 cars from a 2nd gear roll I cant wait to get my AGP WGA and boost controler so these issues go away holding 11psi is WEAK!!!!! :eh: :LAME:
if anyone knows for sure why please let me know

·
Registered
305 Posts
Goose said:
I'm talking temperatures of below 0* F. I noticed that I only get 8-10 pounds of boost at WOT when it's this cold out. Just wondering if I may have a leak or if that's normal.

Maybe I'll take a road trip to Florida or Texas to see if I get normal boost in nice temperatures. :lol:
I think the ECU will adjust boost depending on temp, alt, humidity, etc.
I guess the norm would be 14 psi in say 50-70 degree weather. Boost might jump a bit at say 85 degrees. And boost would be lower in colder conditions. Through most conditions, power should be about the same even tho ur not actually boosting as much.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
RedSRT05 said:
I think the ECU will adjust boost depending on temp, alt, humidity, etc.
I guess the norm would be 14 psi in say 50-70 degree weather. Boost might jump a bit at say 85 degrees. And boost would be lower in colder conditions. Through most conditions, power should be about the same even tho ur not actually boosting as much.
he is correct.....was about to say the same thing...dont wry ur good....performance is still the same

·
Registered
329 Posts
My car's boost peaks as much as 16 and fluctuates as low as 11-12 in second and 3rd . stage o & I have jmb pp, jmb cai, tial bov, jmb cc, pt check valve & no boost leaks as of last week :thumbsup: . Runs real nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts