Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know whats all needed to but a new stock turbo on.

I know I need the following
Exhaust mani gasket
o2 housing to downpipe gasket
oil return gasket

How many oil supply washers??
How many coolant supply washers???
How many cooland return washer???
Also is there a gasket for turbo to the o2 housing

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
You need the following:

How many oil supply washers?? One, but get two and good luck trying to get the right size one.

How many coolant supply washers??? One, but get two.
How many cooland return washer??? One, but get two.
Also is there a gasket for turbo to the o2 housing Stage 3 turbo doesn't use one don't know about stock.

The washers are cooper crush washers. Save your old ones just in case. And make sure you torque everything to factory specs when putting it back together.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
ptc01 said:
You need the following:

How many oil supply washers?? One, but get two and good luck trying to get the right size one.

How many coolant supply washers??? One, but get two.
How many cooland return washer??? One, but get two.
Also is there a gasket for turbo to the o2 housing Stage 3 turbo doesn't use one don't know about stock.

The washers are cooper crush washers. Save your old ones just in case. And make sure you torque everything to factory specs when putting it back together.

so if im gettin a new stock ported turbo/manifold/02 housing,

does that mean i have to buy all those things new to install them? or would i be ok using what is already on there?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just to make sure I dont have any leaks. Looks like a pain in the butt anyways why do it twice...

Thanks ptc01

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
If you're buying the exhaust manifold gasket you might want to get the top end gasket kit. It's about the same price or less as some of the individual gaskets and you get a bunch of spare pieces for the future (head gasket, valve cover, intake manifold, cam seals, etc.). List price is ~$60 if I remember right but I can get them for around $36-40.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Also there's no gasket between the manifold and elbow/O2 housing.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
ptc01 said:

Where do you get these washers? Im going to be installing a ported and clipped turbo in a week or 2 and wanna have EVERYTHING I need. Also do I just get the oil return gasket through dodge or is there a website or vendor that sells them? Thanks for any help folks.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
i picked up an oil return gasket at a mitsu dealer (mitsu turbo)

the reason for this is because the mitsu gasket (for a 14b turbo), while being the same size/dimensions as our stock gasket, has a ring around where the seal will be, creating a better seal for the mating of turbo to drain pipe...

a trick that i learned while speaking with bill hahn jr.....

cheers

p.s. i dont know the part number, but it is for the early model DSM (talon/eclipse/laser) that have a 14b turbo (1st gen only)

cheers

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm thepowertowin heres what he sent me

1 - 4884447AA EXHAUST MAN. GASKET $7.14
1 - 4881012AB DOWNPIPE GASKET $7.02
1 - 4343770 DRAINBACK GASKET $1.00
2 - 5045039AA OIL FEED LINE WASHERS $1.70 EACH
2 - COOLANT SUPPLY WASHERS 4852396AB $2 EACH
2 - COOLANT RETURN WASHERS4852396AB $2 EACH

Just to verify... we need 4 of the coolant washers which should be the same size, and 2 for the oil. They always have the washer sizes screwed up so I want to make sure to send the proper ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts