Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm going to be buying this all stock 2004 srt4. It has 112k miles on it and has only seen snow it's first time in its life these last few weeks. The seller is asking 7500. What's your guys opinion on this vehicle? It has no rust and one dent the size of a marble and that's it. The interior is super clean as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
$7500 seems a little pricy with it being over 100k miles even with as clean as it is. If I saw it at a dealership with some kind of warranty then maybe but from a person I would expect to pay no more than $5500 for that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought it was a little high but it's so clean and all stock. Haven't seen any that clean near me. It eould immediately go in for maintenance as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it has not been repainted. It has been garage kept it's whole life. Never seen rain or snow until 2 weeks ago when ownership changed. The new owner is unsure of the maintenance which I would do for my peace of mind. The new owner has only had it 2 weeks but took it in on a trade he did and doesn't like cars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe the photos appear optimistic. I find it difficult to believe not a single fade, or chip on the front with over 100k miles. The badges and wing are missing on the rear (usually removed for fresh paint). Repaints aren't bad, it's an added bonus and one less thing to worry about as long as it wasn't done due to an accident without disclosing it. I suppose it could have been driven at slower speeds on good roads for the entire life. Either way, it's a super find.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. The guy didn't like the wing so he bought a whole new trunk and had the trunk painted. The original trunk has the wing and badges on it which I will be putting back on because I personally like the wing on these cars. Some old guy bought it from the dealership and then passed away.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
That's not stock ride height. Check what kind of springs it's riding on and make sure struts aren't blown. I wouldn't go more than $6,500 for that car. Stock or not, that's a fair amount of miles. Looks clean though!

Reactions: jake1191

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
So I'm going to be buying this all stock 2004 srt4. It has 112k miles on it and has only seen snow it's first time in its life these last few weeks. The seller is asking 7500. What's your guys opinion on this vehicle? It has no rust and one dent the size of a marble and that's it. The interior is super clean as well.

Those miles are too high and that is not stock height. Worst way to start any relationship is with a lie. Have you done a Carfax on it and did he keep the trunk?

$5k

·
Registered
878 Posts
Woa guess the prices vary state to state. You wont find an srt with milage like that for 5k..theyve got a yellow one with a sunroof (i believe its rare or sumtin not sure why) 140k for 7k :-0

About to trade mine in. Dealer offered 8 (125k) to sell for what im sure will be 10+

Check for leaks, grinds, pop outs (3rd gear pop out, axles, bushing on suspension cause it looks dropped, check engines, and cancer aka rust.
Looks nice, GL with the search

Edit- pm me if u want the links to the dealers. Located in north nj though.

But going on the pics it looks like a good deal. Just do some research

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Woa guess the prices vary state to state. You wont find an srt with milage like that for 5k..theyve got a yellow one with a sunroof (i believe its rare or sumtin not sure why) 140k for 7k :-0

About to trade mine in. Dealer offered 8 (125k) to sell for what im sure will be 10+

Check for leaks, grinds, pop outs (3rd gear pop out, axles, bushing on suspension cause it looks dropped, check engines, and cancer aka rust.
Looks nice, GL with the search

Edit- pm me if u want the links to the dealers. Located in north nj though.

But going on the pics it looks like a good deal. Just do some research
That is an excellent offer, but what dealer is going to turn down a chance to sell two cars? Coming from a dealer it makes sense that their asking price will be higher than the private market. The uninformed will fall for those prices but people in the know will not.

We have a member on this board selling a super clean car with 48k for a little over 8K. We also have 2 other members with ridiculously low miles, 12k and 14k, selling for 13.5k and 12k. I agree prices will vary by region, but an item is only worth what your willing to pay. :smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's one of the more expensive srt4 around here. It has some shitty as coil overs on it that the dude put on it. He has owned it for 2 weeks. The common value around here is like 6000 for an srt4 with those miles but they are all beat to death. This one is insanely clean and did a carfax with no wrecks and 2 owners. Original paint looked all over and no rust found anywhere. I'm willing to pay whatever for a dependable car that I can also enjoy and that is clean. I did drive it. No pop out, no squeeks, pulls hard, no cel, nothing. I'm kind of dumb founded lol.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It's one of the more expensive srt4 around here. It has some shitty as coil overs on it that the dude put on it. He has owned it for 2 weeks. The common value around here is like 6000 for an srt4 with those miles but they are all beat to death. This one is insanely clean and did a carfax with no wrecks and 2 owners. Original paint looked all over and no rust found anywhere. I'm willing to pay whatever for a dependable car that I can also enjoy and that is clean. I did drive it. No pop out, no squeeks, pulls hard, no cel, nothing. I'm kind of dumb founded lol.
Good Luck with the purchase. :smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be taking a compression tester with me just to make sure since I'm not psychic and can see into the engine.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I will be taking a compression tester with me just to make sure since I'm not psychic and can see into the engine.
+1 Great Idea.

If you see 120 run!!!

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Preferably Hot but if Cold realize that you will see lower pressures 5-10 PSI is possible. And again within 10% of each other.
You might already know this but .....

1. Disconnect the injectors connectors.
  2. Pull the fuel relay
  3. Disconnect the coil electrical connector
  4. Throttle full open while you crank the engine over
  5. At least 10 rotations of the engine

1 - 20 of 36 Posts