Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone thinks that spacers are the easy way out when it comes to fitting wheels, that dont clear our brake calipers. this is absoulutly wrong and very ignorant. the wheel is supposed to ride on the hub. when u add spacers it pulled the wheel away from the hub, causing the wheel to ride on the lug nut studs. im sure many of you have overtorqued/crossthreaded a lug stud at some point in time and broke it. these studs are weak and not intended to support the weight of the car. yes it may work, but its only a matter of time before something breaks. some people are doing it with success and see nothing wrong it, but just think about it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
[Mr. Macky voice] spacers are baaad, mmmmkay [/Mr. Macky voice]

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Good post Freak.

I still think there is a tolerance level on those studs and as long as you don't exceed it with basic spacers you should be okay. Torquing the lug nuts to proper specs also plays a huge role.

If you REALLY want to get a set of wheels that aren't meant for the car to fit I would invest in a set of hubcentric spacers and some longer stronger wheel studs. That way the hub is still supporting the weight instead of the lugs. The longer studs are just to compensate for the length lost with the spacer.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
so you can buy hub spacers together or do u have to buy spacers and hub rings separate?

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Nd4Spd said:
so you can buy hub spacers together or do u have to buy spacers and hub rings separate?
Hub rings and spacers are two totally different things. The hub rings go inside of the center bore of the wheel. The spacer goes in between the wheel and the hub.

·
Registered
376 Posts
ok well freak your right, but they wouldnt make em if they were unsafe or really bad on your car.. maybe thats why u vote for kerry...! oooo i took this thread " political" LOL

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ayalprojam said:
ok well freak your right, but they wouldnt make em if they were unsafe or really bad on your car.. maybe thats why u vote for kerry...! oooo i took this thread " political" LOL
you are such an idiot. it is unsafe to ride around on lug studs.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I am one of those idiots using wheel spacers for the black rims i got. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.