Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know many of you are modding your car for optimal straight line performance.
If you had another $100-200 to play with on your car, then what would you buy?

Some of my suggestions were
1) Deyeme Racing Firm Motor Mounts (Upper, Lower, and Tranny)
2) Mopar Short Throw Shifter w/booger bushings + MP Shift Knob
3) NGK 2 step colder plugs gapped at 0.04 + MSD wires/coilpacks.
the mods already on the car are:
1) Stage 1
2) Injen Intake
3) BDJ's Exhaust
4) NX N-tercooler Kit

what would you suggest? im hesitant on getting the agp wga + ebc combo because one...the boost controller falls out of my budget and the two need to be together like white on rice. Also, i don't want to up the boost and create a surging problem, as stated in the latest Sport Compact Car Magazine article of Project SRT-4

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think most will say go for the STS. The price is right, the install is easy, and the difference is amazing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Wow with the mods you have I am really surprised you dont allready have the STS!!! Honestly I see that as your only option right now!! Make sure you pick those "boogers" out your nose too

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
im with the wga....ordered mine this past weekend, hector says its a MUST for the car.....hope he is right.

adjustable wga = more boost = more fun

·
Registered
275 Posts
04boosted4 said:
pardon my lack of knowledge but what is an sts?
short throw shifter. In my opinion one of the best parts ive bought for the car. Its amazing how different it is.

·
Registered
802 Posts
no way man, STS is a rice mod in my opinion. go with cheap MBC (Under 50) used agp (100 or less) and some prothant MM inserts and your good to go for 12's. some drag radials will get u in 12 easy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
oh man, lol i am retarded, but yea i am thinking of doing to mopar sts with booger's is that the best "bang for the buck" shifter upgrade?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
no way man, STS is a rice mod in my opinion. go with cheap MBC (Under 50) used agp (100 or less) and some prothant MM inserts and your good to go for 12's. some drag radials will get u in 12 easy.
Don't get the standard boost controller, go with Turbo XS high performance. So I would still have to go with the sts. Great cheap mod.

·
Registered
802 Posts
what are you all talking about, wga will give you much more performance. if not that you should get some filled motor mounts.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
no way man, STS is a rice mod in my opinion.
??? How is reducing misshifts and making your shifts a hell of a lot faster a RICE mod? Does a STS do just as much as say, windshield washer nozzle lights? :rofl: :rofl: Just playing around, but really, I don't see how in any way that's rice.

I'd say if you want the most performance in straight line then go with a WGA!!!! That'll let you put the boost up to 18psi safely with your stage 1. Definitely feel a HUGE difference for the money! STS would be nice also, but if you want to be a good amount faster for your money go with the WGA.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
If you havent tried it dont knock it. Makes the shifting easier and feels much smoother.

Faster shifts = faster track times

1 - 18 of 18 Posts