Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to all of you getting free food (if you haven't yet do so!), I'm gonna be able to put something nice on my car. I've been flipping a coin over it, so I'm kinda looking for some advice.

I can either:
A) Buy an exhaust which will make it louder, yet gain 30-40 hp/tq, and shave off some 1320 time. Modern Performance exhaust with cat, maxxfab 02 housing. (will cost about $950).

or
B) Buy a set of coilovers which I can adjust the height/compression/rebound, which will make the car handle MUCH better, and may shave a little bit of 1320 time as well. IPP coilovers.(will cost about 1050)

So basically I can either save $100 and make it faster, or spend $100 and make it handle a lot better. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
My votes for the coilovers, could actually improve traction if you set rebound and compression correctly. You also get the added benefit of height adjusting and more control over the car.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Just my opinion, but I would go for coilovers. Definately. That's what I want so that's what you should do.....LOL

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have installed go fast parts on my car before any suspension upgrades, and I don't regret it :eveilgrin

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Coilovers. The first thing I did PERIOD to my car was lower it. Yet i went with springs but I couldnt afford coilovers and I had to do something about the ugly monster truck wheel gap.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, I'm not gonna say which is better if you have the money, but the BDJ's dump exhuast w/ 16" resonator is $350. Around $500 if you want the side exit like I got. It'll give you that style and uniqueness neither a dump nor dual rear can get you. The Maxxfab 02 housing(the only one to get) is a little over $100. So, though you may still want coilovers, you can get a full turboback for a lot less than $950.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stage 1. Forge WGA. Greddy Profec B Spec 2. Motormounts.... not stock.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was gonna go with the modern performance 3" with cat, and a maxxfab 02 housing. I don't want the BDJ's becuase it will be way too loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts