• Black

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking foward already for some modifications...

- Drop that sucker to the ground
- Boost controller
- Black rims if i get it in black
- HIDs
- Intake (remove that huge airbox)
- Momo "Driver" steering wheel(dont like stock one)
- Street slicks
- Clutchmasters Stage 4 clutch
- sequential blow off valve
- :twisted: Upgraded turbo*
- :D lightup windshield washer lights(j/k)
- paint the trim around the ac/radio/etc. the color of the car(black)

::list what you guys will do to it if you get one::

·
Registered
58 Posts
WOW MAN!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR PLANS!!! I think you pretty much got the basics covered! I like black too. To me they just look... stealthy... bad ass... they're just really hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where i live(central jersey) there is alot streetracing and people who talk alot of shit...

when i get one i just wanna see their faces when they hear my neon spooling up as i pass them :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
im getting solar yellow, boost controller, AEM or injen cold air intake, blow off valve,upgraded turbo, 18" chrome rims and yellow BF goodrich scorchers TA's. 1st thing is all tinted out windows, and 2 10" kicker solobarrick SL7's and a 1000 watt kicker amp.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
If I were to get one, I'd go silver, since everyone wants black :wink:

Find out where overboost shutoff is and if possible throw a grainger valve on it and raise the boost. Also would go 2.5 to 3in exhaust.

Drop it maybe an inch all around and throw on some wider tires and wheels and I'd be set to go for a little bit :)

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
ekool said:
I dont see white up there! :) Come on... gotta give me a white choice.
Yup white would have been my first choice too, but silver was the closest of the colors in the poll :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Solar Yellow
blow off valve
darkest tint possible in TX :twisted:

Im good with everything else. Would like some rims but will probally never happen, just keeping it real :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ekool said:
I dont see white up there! :) Come on... gotta give me a white choice.
unfortunately, they're not gonna have them in white...only four colors available...
or you can just get a nice white pain job on it
and if it costs too much then *cough* insurance job *cough* cough*
:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What will you do with your SRT?

I'm not sure what I will be doing. When I was at the Shelby Dodge convention in Memphis this year, two Chrysler engineers gave a talk about the engine for the SRT-4. They let us know the engine computer is unique in the fact that it is torque driven and not boost driven. This means that once the engine reaches a certian amount of torque, it stops making power. For example, if the car is in Boulder, Colorado it could make 10 pounds of boost. Take the same car to Florida and it will make more boost, but still the same amount of power.

So the "big talk around our campfire" has been, will adding things like an underdrive pulley or a cold air intake actually give anymore power? I guess we'll find out when the car reaches our hands. :)

The rumor is that a Mopar computer will be available near the time the car comes out. You can buy the computer and then your dealership can flash it for you. Only thing is, they are saying that Chrysler will hold strong to the fact that adding the upgraded computer to your car will void your warranty.

I can't wait. Tomorrow morning my order is suppose to go through. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. Lower inch or two
2. wider rims fitted with falken Azenzis tires
3. Tint
4. System
5. Boost controller
6. Big Fat turbo, injectors, and fuel pump, some kinda fuel computer
7. LSD
8. act clutch
9. 3" exhaust
10. porting

after all this, I should be able to see vipers in my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
31 Posts
lower about 1.5"

blow off valve (love the sound)

cold air intake

boost controller

chrome rims

transfer my subs and amp

window tint

neon tubes

possibly upgrade sway bars

·
Registered
103 Posts
hmmm...

well since we wont be able to put on a Blow off valve on the stock turbo,
I will most likely add a

Apexi boost controller (maybe squeze another 2psi out of it for another 3-5hp?)
Intake (if it adds any power maybe 3-5?)
Exhaust (again if it adds power maybe 3-5?)
Apexi AFC (added about 8 hp on my celica after it was tuned so well say the same here 8hp)
im sure there will be a pulley set from AEM (another 3-5hp?)
AEM cam gears (im sure these will be available also another 3-5 hp?)
maybe a 50 shot of nitrous??? (for the drag strip only)
drag slicks (and hopefully hit high 11's low 12's?? I may be deraming)

for a grand total of 300hp??
maybe im dreaming but im pretty sure the Aftermarket will get started right away on our cars. ahhhh cant wait to order one!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: hmmm...

iwntasrt-4 said:
well since we wont be able to put on a Blow off valve on the stock turbo,

I thought I read that somewhere but could not remember where. Why is that again? I was hoping that it was not true because I really like the sound.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Probably because there is a stock BOV is built/cast into the compressor housing. It will be stealthy and quiet because it vents back into the inlet of the compressor and not to the atmosphere.

Everyone seems to want to up the boost, but it seems that won't be as easy as adding a grainger valve or a boost controller. The ECU Chrysler is using is supposed to be very advanced and hard to trick and might not work properly without direct control of the boost. I suppose we'll see how that works out when people actually have their hands on them but the best idea is to go with the Mopar Performance upgrades. They have 260-270hp street legal kits and a 300hp 300ft-lb race kit (not street legal), which you could probably get away with in some states without inspection laws, at the cost of running a muffler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What size tires will fit?

1. Buy and install(have installed by dealer?) Stage 2 for more power. <grunt> <grunt>
2. Coilovers for handling and better looks.
3. Find an alternative spoiler that also increases downforce at high speed but is not so BIG.
4. Take the 4 points belts out of the old car and install them in the new, FASTER one!
5. Put 245-16s at least on the front if not all around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do not think 245's will fit properly without rubbing in the well
I am going with the stock tires and just get 17" chome wheels

I would consider getting the srt-4 in red but my current neon is red and really like the black.

·
Registered
317 Posts
my car now is black and its soooooo hard to keep it clean, if you dont dry it off completly after washing it it leaves really bad water spots plus it gets really hot in the summer. im thinking of getting flame red it looks really cool in the pics off of car and driver with the powder coated brake calipers

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
20 Participants
goslkhl
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing