Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kid at my school knows absolutely nothing about cars, all he knows how to do is spend daddy's money. Well this is his frist manual car and he swears its the fastest thing to hit the earth. I said yeah it's a great car, but it can be beaten. He said to me, I will never loose to that NEON. I laughed and said ok, we will run and see. All I have right now on my 04SRT is a MOPAR STS and a K&N drop in filter. My best time at the track is a 13.9 @101 with a 2.1 60ft time. Let's say he learns how to drive and we become equal drivers (for arguments sake) what will I need to beat an 01 M3. Stage2?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They trap 109 stock man...

fast cars. As for mods? I dont know, but even if you do win, he is still driving a bimmer and we are left in our neons.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I kinda got into a race with an M3. He got the jump and was a little ahead, but it didn't matter because I wasn't gonna catch up. My performance mods are 3" O2 housing, 3" TBE, and new plugs and wires. I drive an 03'.

So for you to beat one, or maybe just to keep up with it, you would need my parts listed above as well as stage 1, wga, and mbc.

From motortrend
0-60: 4.7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.2
1/4 Speed: 107

·
Registered
663 Posts
pinoyboy, are you by chance Filipino?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
M3's don't run 13.2's out here and they trap around 104mph. Times in mags are not always accurate especially when they correct the numbers like motortrend does(not for every test but those tests that don't yield the expected numbers). I have S2 and catback and I have slaughtered many M3's at the track. If you have a stock 03 and run an M3 at say 2700ft, you will win. Then again you could just race one w/ an SMG and you would probably win no matter what. 2 M3's I raced had smg's in them and they could not figure out how to launch the car for nothing.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Actually yes you will at LACR cause it has been done. M3's at LACR run 14.2-14.4 and I have seen many of them run there. Stock 03 w/ decent driver will run a 14.3 at the same track. I have an 04 and never raced an M3 before S2 but I ran [email protected] at LACR stock. That is better than any M3 that I have personally seen run at this track which is at 2700ft. The M3's are not even able to trap 100mph at this track with the usual mph being 98mph. Then again the majority of srt's that run at this track run 14.5's and that is why I said decent driver. SMG's are a nice feature and all but hard to figure out from what the 2 guys I met said. They spent all night just trying to figure out how to launch the car and they still didn't get it right.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
get stage 1, wga, bc, mopar exhaust and the psi-fi power-paq and u will lay the smack down on it every time.

or u can just get stage 2 w/toys and the mopar exhaust and do the same.

i say the mopar exhaust because it cost the least, and later down the line if u decide to get a turbo upgrade u can add the maxxfabb downpipe and get all the benefits of a 3" system for less money!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
jigga_x said:
get stage 1, wga, bc, mopar exhaust and the psi-fi power-paq and u will lay the smack down on it every time.

or u can just get stage 2 w/toys and the mopar exhaust and do the same.

i say the mopar exhaust because it cost the least, and later down the line if u decide to get a turbo upgrade u can add the maxxfabb downpipe and get all the benefits of a 3" system for less money!
BRAVO!!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lucille said:
why beat him... when you can rout him!

1-800-AGP-FAST!

blow his doors by 10+ car lengths...
I like the way you think...

Don't even let him say it was close, or I was catching you, or whatever... Smoke him.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A little background on the M3.

The 01 puts about 280hp at the wheels. You may not be able to keep up even with stage 2. The flywheel hp is rated at 333. If the BMW has any DINAN modifications, the srt will not be able to keep up at all.

Percy

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It is also a bloated pig and I dynoed 270/300 at the wheels and this is why I spank them. Power to weight ratio is everything in racing. Oh yeah and I raced 2 04's w/ smg at the track and a handful of 03's on and off the track. All of them E46's of course.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
mldvenm said:
It is also a bloated pig and I dynoed 270/300 at the wheels and this is why I spank them. Power to weight ratio is everything in racing. Oh yeah and I raced 2 04's w/ smg at the track and a handful of 03's on and off the track. All of them E46's of course.

So your stock dyno was 270/300 :thumbsup:
and then u raced some shitty drivers with a modified SRT-4 so u think an SRT-4 is faster than an M3. :gay:

·
Registered
757 Posts
MOST M3s trap between 105-107 mph, a bolt on stage 1 srt can do that. It's still no M3 :) but at least we can have M3 speed in a straight line ;)

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
run him from a roll a few times see how close you are then go from there. update us and we can keep helping ya get faster, till we know you can win then just have him bet money and pay for the mods that way LOL

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
GAngel said:
So your stock dyno was 270/300 :thumbsup:
and then u raced some shitty drivers with a modified SRT-4 so u think an SRT-4 is faster than an M3. :gay:
Did you read the post? I said I have S2 so those #'s are S2 #'s. At sea level here the cars trap around 104mph. At elevation they suffer big time and trap only 98mph or so. Not to hard to believe that a stock srt-4 at elevation could beat a stock M3. I have seen many M3's run and I can't imagine that they would all be sucky drivers. Go on the bimmerforums and see for yourself what the wonderful M3 owners have to say about socal tracks especially LACR. Most guys couldn't believe I was running 13.4's at the same track that they were running 14.2's. At sea level it would deffinately be a closer race. However I said at 2700ft stock for stock basically drivers race and the question was "what mods do I need to beat an M3" so of course I will state the obvious response by saying with my mods I beat a stock M3. This was the whole point of the post was it not? How is that :gay: :readclose

1 - 20 of 43 Posts