Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a brand new '05. Black, no sunroof, no kicker. It has viper seats. What should it take to get this one, any ideas? What is a reasonable offer on my part? I am a graduating college student and I don't have to have this car.

·
Banned
800 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
i heard there is dealers by me asking 18900 one with kicker one with a sunroof.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Unless you get a big discount BIG...it would not be a wise thing to do. I would be a dick and walk in there and say 15k. Just keep shoving it in their face that the car is a year old now and they are going to have to take a loss somewhere...take a big loss now or an enormous one later. Be an asshole!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you being smart or are you being serious? can't tell on here. I'm not some 16 year old ricer fanboi if thats what you think. I'm 23 and trying to make a good decision on this car. Thanks

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Actually, he's right about the being an ass...you can get some crazy prices if they really need to sell it. Are you trading in a car?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not at the moment, is it an advantage to trade in a car? I don't necessarily need to trade my car. I know that usually they will give you a high number for your car on trade in, only to hide that money in the original cost of the car. I appreciate all the info so far guys.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
ummm guys... incase you forgot - they are not making them anymore. there is an inherent demand because you cannit get them new anymore. they don't have to get rid of it, someone will pay, someone will want a new one. its not like the car gets slower as it sits on the lot.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Well i guess I stand corrected. I still dont think its a good thing to pay anywhere near sticker for a new car that is so aged.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
SRT4V8stomper said:
Well i guess I stand corrected. I still dont think its a good thing to pay anywhere near sticker for a new car that is so aged.
No, you're right. There is no reason they need to sell it at MSRP. You should at least go for invoice...look it up on KBB and Edmunds. What do they want for it...it's not an ACR, right?

MSRP $21,295
Invoice $19,792

I would make them shoot for $18,000...'cause you know they will just say $20,000...then you go back with $18,500...etc. Oh, and end of the month is usually still the best time to buy. It is surprising what goes for deals when they need to sell 2 more cars that night! If you want to offer $15,000...do it...worst thing that happens is they say no and you start over.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
SRTpusher said:
ummm guys... incase you forgot - they are not making them anymore. there is an inherent demand because you cannit get them new anymore. they don't have to get rid of it, someone will pay, someone will want a new one. its not like the car gets slower as it sits on the lot.
You don't really understand how dealerships work. Unless it's a Viper...it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The second the 07 SRT-4s roll into dealerships that 05 is gonna drop about 10,000$ in value as far as them being able to sell it.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
i know someone in new england that just purchased a silver 05 SRT w/200 miles on it(from test drives) and it has a moonroof, kickersystem, blah blah for under 17,000 if that helps you out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Offer the lowest you think they might take. Worse that can happen is they say no. then you walk away. If they really want to sell the car, they will chase you down & see if they can deal. If not, then walk away still & come back on a later date.

Of course the downside is they might sell the car before you return. The car may be out of production but it is not a collectors car, not for 20 yrs or so. When the new Caliber SRT comes out, this will all change any way. Who would want to buy a car w/ only 230 hp when they can have 300hp for around the same amount. Unless you abolutely hate the Caliber's look & got to have a SRT. Then the decession is up to you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the thing, I want the car, but dont absolutely NEED the car ya know.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would offer a low amt like said before.....15k, 16k....somewhere in there. It doent really matter that the car isnt made anymore. The car is over a year old. I am thinking about getting on as well around the time of my graduation but I am not gonna pay MSRP or even invoice....not worth it on something that is older.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts