Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm new to the SRT-4 club and not much of a car guy but I'd like this to be a learning experience and bring me into the realm of working on my own cars. I was just wondering what's a good way to make the car faster? It's got mostly stock stuff pushing 13psi with a swapped wastegate spring. Any help is awesome thanks

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
13psi is low, even in stock form. You most likely have boost leaks. Fixing those will make the car faster and run better. Also, if you're still using the stock boost gauge, you cant trust that thing to be accurate at all....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a good mechanic and he said the stock turbo wouldn't handle anything past 15 because it would be pushing it. I just bought a 13psi wastegate spring because it had a 7psi one originally for a big turbo setup that blew up and they put the stock one back in before I bought it. They just kept the wastegate from the big turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Post a picture of your turbo. I’m a bit confused on what you’re working with based on what you’ve said.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My stock turbo spikes at 20psi with a tune. The car feels great. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a wastegate on your turbo at all. I see a few issues with your setup from the pictures.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make sure the car is tuned up... New plugs, wires , make sure the vacuum lines are all good and no leaks. Compression test, boost leak test, leak down... Then go on to " making the car faster "

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well. Then what are you waiting for ? Get the tune/injectors package and go... Or get a bws / s3 and let it rip

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will it still be an okay daily? I know it's a good package but I don't know if it's for people who make it their toy or just want a fast daily that's also good on gas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Will it be an ok daily, as in... How? Comfort? Reliability? In near stock form , if maintained well can go a long time. The more you mod the riskier it gets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's why I'm if you on which mods I should get because I still want a daily but I don't want it blow all my money

1 - 20 of 33 Posts