Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does a boost controller do? Is it just making your boost always be at 16 PSI or what? If so, isn't this hard on your engine? Fill me in or give me a link that explains things in layman's terms for me!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
EBC = Electronic boost controller

MBC + Manual boost controller.

The electonic one you can use to controll your boost in the car and it also have various features like overboost protection etc.

A manual one allows you to raise the boost manual. IN other words, you have to set it then drive your car to see if your boosting enoug of to much.

15psi is a safe number to boost on our car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust Depot said:
EBC = Electronic boost controller

MBC + Manual boost controller.

The electonic one you can use to controll your boost in the car and it also have various features like overboost protection etc.

A manual one allows you to raise the boost manual. IN other words, you have to set it then drive your car to see if your boosting enoug of to much.

15psi is a safe number to boost on our car.
But my car already boosts 15psi....whats the difference?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
There is a difference between spiking to 15psi and actualy boosting 15psi. Just ask drolander. :)
No actually I'd be the most qualified to talk about spiking as well as not holdin it :twisted:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so thats what I was asking. With a boost controller it hits 15psi as soon as you floor it and holds it through all the gears?

Isn't this sure to lower the life of your turbo system and possibly your engine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts