Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really starting to get put off about this SRT release. Its one thing to screw the midwest its another to not even tell us when to expect the car. I wrote dodge a letter and their response was as expected saying how only certified dealers would get them and to expect them in the next few months. The dealer I am buying from is certified and has been for awhile. Whats the big secret about telling a dealer when to expect their allotment of cars. Also whats this California only win a SRT-4? I have owned two neons already, hell dodge should be delivering the car to my front door (which is only about 60 miles from Belvidere). I know it is only supposed to be 2-3 months which is not long to wait, but whats the big secret about the release date in states other than Florida and California?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i say vent off as you drive to FL to get one :twisted: 8)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Here...lay on this couch and tell me about your childhood... :lol:

J/K. I understand your frustration completely and can sympathize with your plight. I was in the very same boat for the longest time. I'm tellin' ya bro, if you are that frustrated, take matters in to your own hands and make the trip to where the cars are. Yeah, the trip might be a small inconvenience, but it might just be the coolest road trip of your life! Good luck!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry man...I'm just wondering when I should start keeping my eye out for one in Pa...I wanna spot one soo bad and give the owner a hug. Vent away...it is kinda horseshit that they keep it hidden. Sorry man.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yo jmsamr

In about 30 days or middle of April Kaysler Chrysler Center in Watertown Wisconsin is getting them. If the dealers by you don't know and if these guys aren't to far from you, they can get you one right now but it will cost you. They were on the SRT-4 dealer list but the big city dealers complained and they were taken off the list for awhile according to them. Talk to Dave Zabel if your interested he personally took the RPM driving class to get certified. Best of luck!!!!
Here is their address
Kayser Chrysler Ctr/Watertown
509 South 16 By-pass
Watertown, Wisconsin 53094-
920 261-3870

·
Registered
524 Posts
jmsamr I feel your pain. It sucks that the dealers don't know when the cars are coming in, but what gets me is that the dealerships in my area are getting in 2-5 of the cars (depending on the dealership) and are quite proud to announce a hefty markup! Even comparing the markup to the PT Cruiser launch! And there are dealerships in South FL with 15+ SRT's on the lot selling at sticker. So, needless to say, I'm planning a trip...
/rant :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fingers crossed, now there are 8 approved
dealers in Illinois not just one.
I have a deposit down, non-refundable or I would go to FLorida. I was told three weeks till delivery, which would have been beginning of March, now I am told end of March? I take a vacation/road trip to Florida once a year so if not for deposit I would already own an SRT :?
I thought maybe seeing if I could use deposit towards purchase of LSD when they come out and buying from FL :) Dont think the dealer would go for that though.
Keeping my hopes up that end of march will be the time :roll:
Thanks for the ears.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I gotta jump on the wagon. SCREW DODGE!!!!! It's been a week since they told me they had the invoice and I'd have it anyday now. I had it all set up to go to South Florida to get mine last weekend and they said wait, they had invoices. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
-End of Rant

·
Registered
726 Posts
jmsamr said:
I have a deposit down, non-refundable or I would go to FLorida.
Non refundable?!?! Hmmm...that sounds kinda shady to me. Are you sure you can't cancel and get your cash back? I cancelled my initial deposit in Tampa when they delayed the rollout there, got my $$$ back no problem, then went to south Florida and bought there.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
They can't keep your deposit, unless they have an invoice or VIN number to prove that they ordered you one. I'd tell them you want your money back. They are full of crap if they try to keep your money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Grunge
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing