Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my srt-4 checked out on the diagnostic. I have a hole in my intercooler. My blow off valve is leaving oil and i am also leaking from the cooler lines. Also they said i need a new turbo and that my clutch is gone. Dodge wants to rape me in prices to fix it. Should i buy a whole new turbo kit and a stage 3-4 clutch. and then have them install it. Or should I buy all the stock peices and let them install those. Right now my mods are as follows. Mopar stage 1
rfl bov
short shift(mopar)
block off plate
agp wastegate
aem intake

Any info helps

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
gotta love these noobs. Well yes first lets start out with the basics. Year, miles for starters. Then let's try and figure out why all this stuff has taken a crap on you. How long have you had the car? There are a lot of things a so called tech will misinform you of when it comes to these cars. The oil leaking from the bov obviously is not the bov's fault, however I bet you your car has a nice boost leak from the valve cover (pcv) and boost oil right into your intercooler pipes and drips out of your bov. This is normal, do a search for a check valve and catch can.
As for the clutch and turbo, ask yourself what you want to do with the car. If you want big power, then go big turbo and clutch. If you just want to keep the car semi basic, go with stock stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a 2004 srt-4, i just hit 70k the other day. Almost all highway tho. There was never any problems other then a bad fuel pump at 30K which was replacec. Problems started occuring around 60k. Car would go nice threw 1st then in second at around 4 grand the car would start to bog. If i kept on the gas eventully the bogging got worse an the check engine light would come on. After a few days the light would go off and i could drive it without problems unless i tried to get on it

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Put the key in the ignition.. turn the ignition on and off 3 times in a row. Meaning turn the key to "on" but not to start, and on the 3rd time, it will display a code or list of codes. Tell us what they are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
help

the code that was displayed is P 0633

from looking on this site i see taht the code means..P0633-SKIM KEY NOT PROGRAMMED IN PCM.

What does this mean? where should i go from here. plz help

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,046 Posts
SRT4codySRT4 said:
correct me if im wrong, but that code means you have a staged pcm? and if so it should have nothing to do with any of your problems.

He already mentioned he had Stage 1 installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clutch

My clutch deffintaly needs to go... For me to get into 1st or actully any gear i have to use alot of force to get it in there. Finding reverse is alost impossible aswell, must play with it for a min to find it. Car still drives, just there is troube shifting into all the gears. Feels alomost like its stuck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts