Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently my srt4 sits on springs with 16" dr34 drag rims (previous owner) exhaust with 3" MPx Dual Exit Exhaust, aem ram intake (previous owner) Hurst sts ( previous owner) HID headlights (previous owner) agp waste-gate, big inter-cooler (previous owner) and a HKS Super SQV IV BOV. What would you guys recommend in my next $3500? What routine maintenance like tie rods axels etc should I do before moving onto more performance? I will be getting a tuner asap so that is out of question. What recommendations could you give a new srt owner?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Boost leak test, change all fluids, new plugs if they’re ugly, timing belt water pump, compression test, alignment.
As for power? A maxed out stock turbo is good enough. Add some hotchkis sway bars and strut tower braces.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone just routine maintenance it sounds like before I build a BWS setup! Any more reccomendations feel free to drop them, I will be redoing the suspension then working on fuel!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did breaks, doing struts and entire front arm suspension this weekend, haven't checked fuel system , got new plugs and wires, will be ordering belt and water pump next week when I get my tower braces front and rear. Now if I want to go BWS build should I start working on fuel system, I was thinking boomba fuel rail, and bigger injectors?

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
Just did breaks, doing struts and entire front arm suspension this weekend, haven't checked fuel system , got new plugs and wires, will be ordering belt and water pump next week when I get my tower braces front and rear. Now if I want to go BWS build should I start working on fuel system, I was thinking boomba fuel rail, and bigger injectors?
once you start messing with higher flowing fuel injectors, you are going to have to have some way of tuning the car.

you could consider a package deal like this...
https://www.needlesstorque.com/product.html

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Skip the big wheel stock turbo. Been there, done that. By the time you're done spending money on that setup you could have purchased a 50 trim setup with more potential and better reliability. If you don't want to go that route, try to find a used Mopar Stage 3 setup.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Skip the big wheel stock turbo. Been there, done that. By the time you're done spending money on that setup you could have purchased a 50 trim setup with more potential and better reliability. If you don't want to go that route, try to find a used Mopar Stage 3 setup.
I was looking into 50trims any recommendations or links to packages?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I need for that build would be fuel system (injectors, fuel rail, fuel return kit, and 225 walboro pump) no motor work? plan on doing motor and transwork in the near future, but just curious on if I should go turbo kit first.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Now that you've taken care of the maintenance and safety issues, why not just drive it every day.
You may just find your car more satisfying and cost effective in stock form than you might otherwise with what you are considering.
Either way, good luck and WELCOME!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, and I plan on enjoying it as stock as it is now for a while till I get everything I need and move forward, plus I have a little rusty quarter panel I need to take care of. The build will be with due time! Just wanted to plan out the near future and be fully educated in the build before jumping into it with little to no knowledge in the build I just whipped together!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts