Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm in a bind, don't know what i should do to resolve this.

i had a certain someone who is pretty reputable amongst the forum install an iceman throttle body for me. when i picked up the car, he wasn't there, but he said i could take the car and leave the money in his tool box.

well i took the car but his toolbox was locked so i couldnt leave the money. the next day i drove 45 min to his location to give him his money. when i got home and cleaned out my car, i noticed he hadn't given me my stock throttle body back.

i pm'd him about a week after he did the swap, but he said he threw it away. he said he'd look for another one and that he might have to buy it from someone. this was approx one month ago, now he says he will look for one, but it was my fault that i didnt pick it up when i picked up my car (he wasnt there btw) and that i will have to pay for it when he finds one.

should i take the loss or what? when i mean take a loss i mean buy one from the dealership out of my own pocket or find someone on the forum who will sell to me

thanks,

myfootsmells

·
Registered
377 Posts
myfootsmells said:
i'm in a bind, don't know what i should do to resolve this.

i had a certain someone who is pretty reputable amongst the forum install an iceman throttle body for me. when i picked up the car, he wasn't there, but he said i could take the car and leave the money in his tool box.

well i took the car but his toolbox was locked so i couldnt leave the money. the next day i drove 45 min to his location to give him his money. when i got home and cleaned out my car, i noticed he hadn't given me my stock throttle body back.

i pm'd him about a week after he did the swap, but he said he threw it away. he said he'd look for another one and that he might have to buy it from someone. this was approx one month ago, now he says he will look for one, but it was my fault that i didnt pick it up when i picked up my car (he wasnt there btw) and that i will have to pay for it when he finds one.

should i take the loss or what?

thanks,

myfootsmells
Dont pay him.......Kill him and take his tool box

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ghost said:
Dont pay him.......Kill him and take his tool box
too late i already paid him. he had a nice tool box. i also paid him $150 to get rid of some leaks for me, one which included an exhaust leak, which he never fixed. i just found out the other day when i was under my car.

myfootsmells

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Personally on all mechanics if you want your stock parts/replaced parts you need to let them now when you drop off your car. Sorry to say but just bite the bullet. Or sell someone on here your Iceman and have them give you their stock TB.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
yeah but that was BS in the first place....... i would have made him get me a new one...

It goes without saying that you get your stock part back. Do you think he seirously threw it away? probably not. Did he hope you wouldnt notice.. probably so.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.