Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am looking to improve how i launch at the track but i wanna know what you guys doo.....ok, i decrease the air pressure in my tires to 26psi, then when i am at the line i tack it out at 2500 rpm's, then when the last light before green goes i let the cluch out.....with this right here on street tires i ran a 13.1 at 109mph...my 60' was a 2.1. now if i were to let a little more pressure out of the tires and launch it at about 4000rpm would i get a better 60' or just spin?? i am just trying to get an idea of what everyone else does..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
on street tires i set my tire pressure to 18psi sometimes 16. I got my best times launching at 2000 rpm and feathering the gas. I would say launch anywhere from 1800-2200 on stock tires.... no more. And make sure you feather it not floor it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i keep it around 2500-3000 with about 20 psi in tires and slip the ever liven hell out of the clutch. still spin a lil but i also have t-bars still waitin to try out all the new stuff i have gotten on my car since i last ran it thou.goin to PRP on the 8th hopen i get at least a 13.1 but might slip in to the 12 with the colder air temp in pa. hope that helps u out some.
Rob

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i am going to cecil md tomorrow and i was just seeing what everyone else does....i just wanna make it into the 12's on street tires. i know it will be hard but i thikn with a map clamp, springs, motor mounts i should be able to catch a nice 12. i think i am gonna let my air pressure in the tires around 18 and launch it around 2500rpms...and that will prob be around 18psi

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would this be a waste of my time or would i benefit from this, i am gonna take a water bottle down with me to the track tonight and a min or 2 before i run i am gonna spray a mist onto my intercooler to cool it down a little, would this doo anything for me or would i be wasting my time?

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
srt4sharp said:
would this be a waste of my time or would i benefit from this, i am gonna take a water bottle down with me to the track tonight and a min or 2 before i run i am gonna spray a mist onto my intercooler to cool it down a little, would this doo anything for me or would i be wasting my time?
I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt. I don't know if it will help with your E/T's but I'm thinking it would help cool the car a bit between runs. I've seen folks spray the intercooler and the IM between dyno runs to help speed up cooling.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
srt4sharp said:

the prob is alot of places don't like shit being dripped on their tracks...or in the pits for that matter. many guys use the intercooler sprayer n2o or cryo2 kits for hot lapping. they can spray on the way back to the pits after a run. the benefits of water would be good, if it were really cold...cold enuf to cold soak your fmic really fast. haha, reminds me of this time i saw a guy put a hunk of dry ice in his airbox. it was stock tiburon. that was funny. i guess it worked though. back on topic...i don't think it would hurt anything anyway...your times, that is

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Well every car is differnt but i wouldnt go lower than 25-26psi in street tires cause your actually going to start to have less contact patch then. my best on stock kdw's was 1800-2000 feather launch and that was a 2.05 60ft. Dont do a long or much of a burnt out just do a split second eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttt with them to clean off all the rocks and dirt on them make sure you drive AROUND the water box and also try to get rear tires to 45psi. I think its the drag racing section has a write up by srt4real on how to both first time at track and best tips on running stock cars. Neondan posts in there also with some tips he should know since he has pulled 13.7's on all stock cars and 13.68 with a stock car with prothane inserts.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
dansrt4 said:
Dont do a long or much of a burnt out just do a split second eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttt with them to clean off all the rocks and dirt on them make sure you drive AROUND the water box and also try to get rear tires to 45psi.
My friends are like" why do you do such a crappy burnout, you dont do anything".

No point in wasting my tires for .05 faster time. Just clean them off a bit.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
H-TownSRT4Racer said:
My friends are like" why do you do such a crappy burnout, you dont do anything".

No point in wasting my tires for .05 faster time. Just clean them off a bit.

If you over do it you will go slower.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
my problem is not first .. i can launch perfectly with not wheel hop and almost non wheel spin .. my problem is second and traction .. lol :(
but feather the clutch i normaly stay anywhere between 2000-2500rpms

1 - 16 of 16 Posts