Dodge SRT Forum banner

How much above a regular SRT-4 would you pay for an ACR Edition SRT-4?

• Nothing at all.. the SRT-4 is perfect as it is.

Votes: 247 32.6%
  • $1000

Votes: 235 31.0%
  • $2000

Votes: 184 24.3%
  • $3000

Votes: 66 8.7%
  • $4000

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • $5000

Votes: 19 2.5%
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
modernceo said:
Rarity drives up price, when one other condition exists.

Demand .

The reason the ACR's didnt hold their value, and werent purchased like wildfire, is that they were underpowered, and enthusiasts (people who were specifically looking for acr's and rt's) didnt want a sohc sedan. They wanted a dohc coupe.

They werent underpowered at all, just not OVERpowered. Have you ever driven one? The Magnum engine is extremely impressive. Better than the DOHC 2.0 in many respects. GRM gave the 2nd gen ACR the best rating out of the other cars it tested in a comparison including the GTI and SE-R of the same year.

This new ACR, if we indeed have all the technical information about it, is basically a shadow of the true competition-ready models the previous ones are. If it costs anything more than the price of the bolt-ons that are added to it, it will be a ripoff.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
contraption22 said:
They werent underpowered at all, just not OVERpowered. Have you ever driven one? The Magnum engine is extremely impressive. Better than the DOHC 2.0 in many respects. GRM gave the 2nd gen ACR the best rating out of the other cars it tested in a comparison including the GTI and SE-R of the same year.

This new ACR, if we indeed have all the technical information about it, is basically a shadow of the true competition-ready models the previous ones are. If it costs anything more than the price of the bolt-ons that are added to it, it will be a ripoff.

If you know anything about who I am and the cars MP has had for project cars, youd know that I had a 2001 Neon RT that was fairly modified. I raced it quite a bit, and bumped the power from 125 at the wheels to 142 at the wheels.

It was a very torquey, very strong motor for daily driving, but not for racing. The power fell off quite a bit and wasnt good for high rpm driving (ie, racing)

I loved, and still love the Magnum, but the combination of the much heavier second gen Neon and the power that dropped off on the top end Magnum made for a slow car.

Fyi, my RT was a Motorsports edition, one of like 200 I believe ? I bought it right off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
modernceo said:
If you know anything about who I am and the cars MP has had for project cars, youd know that I had a 2001 Neon RT that was fairly modified.

It was a very torquey, very strong motor for daily driving, but not for racing. The power fell off quite a bit and wasnt good for high rpm driving (ie, racing)

I loved, and still love the Magnum, but the combination of the much heavier second gen Neon and the power that dropped off on the top end Magnum made for a slow car.

Fyi, my RT was a Motorsports edition, one of like 200 I believe ? I bought it right off the showroom floor.
Actually, I'm not terribly familiar with who you are, or your past projects. But that is one very nice R/T.
When I was at a Mopar show out in Illiniois, there were two Motorsport Edition R/T's parked next to each other.... owned by brothers.. with consecutive VINS! I thought that was pretty cool.

PS:... Since there were only 200 of those Motorsport Ed. R/T's.. how much of a markup did you pay over the price of a regular R/T?

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
contraption22 said:
Actually, I'm not terribly familiar with who you are, or your past projects. But that is one very nice R/T.
When I was at a Mopar show out in Illiniois, there were two Motorsport Edition R/T's parked next to each other.... owned by brothers.. with consecutive VINS! I thought that was pretty cool.
Thank you.
If im not mistaken, those two brothers were customers of MP's and I think one was red and the other silver. Or was it black and silver cars. Oh well. That was close to 3.5 -4 years ago !

·
Registered
60 Posts
crewzen said:
Didn't they used to call these "body in white" because they were striped down race cars in white so that they could paint them up with sponcers names????????????????
those were usually body's only that were sold to people that wanted to build for example a pro stock car and didn't need any of the parts besides the shell. They stilll sell them if you know who to contact.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
u guys should just be car sales man since ur the one promoting the damn car let it come out if a lot of ppl say o ill pay 3 k more the same person that cant afford 3k more wants it and is out of luck cause of u guys let the car come out then u/he/she wil lget raped any way just to say "OH im the first with a white acr NEON" big deal

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
IMO, they need to offer the ACR without power anything, no radio, no a/c and weighing 2700lbs. Keep the power the same and ditch the shitty 6" wide rims and go with some 17x7" and put at least some 225's on it.

That way they can keep the price the same but still ofeer a more hardcore version for the people who plan to race it. I know I would have bought it over the regular SRT-4.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
silverscooby said:
IMO, they need to offer the ACR without power anything, no radio, no a/c and weighing 2700lbs. Keep the power the same and ditch the shitty 6" wide rims and go with some 17x7" and put at least some 225's on it.

That way they can keep the price the same but still ofeer a more hardcore version for the people who plan to race it. I know I would have bought it over the regular SRT-4.

A agree wholeheartedly... make it what an ACR should be. Strip it down. Sell it for the same price or less than the regular SRT-4.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yep what he said no frils, no warranty to worry about, Good suspension, and make it work right. Like a real race car.

I know dodge can remember when they made fast cars 62,63,64 say hemi

HEMI say it go ahaelakdkl :flame:

·
Registered
117 Posts
contraption22 said:
The brother with the red Motorsports R/T, Marc, is a friend of mine. I was parked across from them, at the same show....Naperville. The consecutive VIN thing is very cool , I agree. And yes, the two cars are red and silver....good memory!

As far as the ACR....with all the deletes....I'd say drop the price.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
contraption22 said:
This thread is pointless considering we don't even know what the ACR package will include. So far all we know is different wheels and tires and adjustable struts . . .
Just read this poll and your right . . .totally pointless. But from another standpoint, its very interesting to see what people will pay for something we know little or nothing about as of yet. At least I don't :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
I wonder if the ACR package will include an external lock on the passenger door :lol: Maybe that's worth an extra $1000. :jester:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't think I could live without A/C. Especially here in FL, I tried no A/C before in my teggy, I loved the weightloss and smoother power. But damn rain, plus stop and go O-town traffic, and 80 degrees = steamy windows and a wet driver tryin to air the car. I would prefer A/C to be an option. I could live without anything else, except A/C. Sorry for whining guys.. :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
ACR is GAY!!! Its just Chrylser trying to stretch out Neon Sales as far as possible, In my opinion its a downgrade and should be cheaper or the same price, plus who want those gawdy ass wheels anyways??? and for half the raised price why not get some stage 3 coilovers and youll be fine. Maybe I'm just sour cause I just got an 05.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.