Dodge SRT Forum banner

How much above a regular SRT-4 would you pay for an ACR Edition SRT-4?

• Nothing at all.. the SRT-4 is perfect as it is.

Votes: 247 32.6%
  • $1000

Votes: 235 31.0%
  • $2000

Votes: 184 24.3%
  • $3000

Votes: 66 8.7%
  • $4000

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • $5000

Votes: 19 2.5%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
icarus said:
More? Are you guys kidding?
The whole point of an "ACR" was a great road car that was cheaper than a optioned out one.

I'd pay $18,000.
Yes but the past ACR's have had options taken away that daily driver cars usually need. This one still has the A/C and no lightwieght parts.. and has added suspension parts.

I think the MSRP will probably be between 21-23.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
noTe said:
Yes but the past ACR's have had options taken away that daily driver cars usually need. This one still has the A/C and no lightwieght parts.. and has added suspension parts.

I think the MSRP will probably be between 21-23.
Correct. Hence they should not even consider naming it an "ACR" :readclose

Call it whatever they want, but why disrespect the name?

I know quite a few people would love to have a lighter, faster, better handling, no frills ACR edition SRT-4. For LESS than the SRT-4. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I agree about the acr name meaning striped out cheaper car. I voted for $2000 .....dollers cheaper than an SRT-4. Lose the air, the PS, the radio, the passanger air bag, lighter wheels, and take it racing. That would be a hell of a car.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I went to the dodge dealer where i bought my car the other day and asked about the "ACR" srt4. The salesman said they would be stickered around 25k.

This particular dealer sold me my car for a few hundred under sticker back in July, so I figured they may not be marking up the price on the "ACR" model.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I wish it would be a true ACR, but until we see a press release we won't know for sure.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am not fond of the 16 inch rims... They may look nice, they may be wide, they may be lightweight, but they could have put lightweight 17 and 18 inch rims on the car... If it's going to be the same price as the SRT4, then fine, but if it's going to be 2-4k I would not pay for it....

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
You guys are missing the point. He is asking how much would you pay because it's a stock SRT-4 with an ACR package. So there is stuff added to the car instead of taking away. i say 3,000 but you can go to a dealer and get it for around 22-23 I'm sure if they are cool.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
This thread is pointless considering we don't even know what the ACR package will include. So far all we know is different wheels and tires and adjustable struts.

The Illuminas can be had aftermarket for less than $600 a set. Subtract the cost of a standard Tokico and you only have a couple hundred bucks.

Same thing with the wheels and tires.

Add $10 for the two little pieces of injected molded pastic in the seats for the harnesses to pass thu. (they should have put that money towards a solution tho these cheap ass seats creaking)

There has to be something a little more than the above to substaniate any significant price increase... other than that "ACR" sticker on the side.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
contraption22 said:
There has to be something a little more than the above to substaniate any significant price increase... other than that "ACR" sticker on the side.
there will only be 1000. rarity drives up price.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
there will only be 1000. rarity drives up price.
There were less than 1000 2nd gen ACR's (718 actually). Thats a total of 2001 AND 2002 sales. They sold for less than the price of an R/T. Most of them had everything an R/T had, plus adjustable struts, minus 16" wheels. ACR's had 15" wheels. They also had no power windows. They were also available.. as any ACR SHOULD be, with out A/C, exta lighting, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
contraption22 said:
There were less than 1000 2nd gen ACR's (718 actually). Thats a total of 2001 AND 2002 sales. They sold for less than the price of an R/T. Most of them had everything an R/T had, plus adjustable struts, minus 16" wheels. ACR's had 15" wheels. They also had no power windows. They were also available.. as any ACR SHOULD be, with out A/C, exta lighting, etc.
Rarity drives up price, when one other condition exists.

Demand .

The reason the ACR's didnt hold their value, and werent purchased like wildfire, is that they were underpowered, and enthusiasts (people who were specifically looking for acr's and rt's) didnt want a sohc sedan. They wanted a dohc coupe.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.