Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Rev D
20AUG09: add Ambient temp, TM, TIP, EGT and Wg; Removed Baro, PRatio, IPW
19APR10: Removed EGT, Spark Adjust,TURBO WG ADAPT DELTA; Added TURBO TOTAL AF DES FILTD
12DEC10: Added Wastegate PIDs for PCM boost control tuning; add VE, PR, Airflow
Dataviewer Dashboard place in MyDocuments/dataviewer/dashboards for easy laptop loggin with DS Dataviewer

Everyday tuning Spark and Fuel ,LOG THESE AT A MINIMUM
If using JUST the DSP and NOT a laptop, some PIDs won't be available. Just log as many as on the list that are available.

Ambient Temperature-->
AMB TEMP--Outside Air temp

Knock control-->
KnK ST Retard--show amount of timing retarded for PCM's instant response to Knock
KNK LT Retard--show amount of timing retarded for PCM's long term or learned response to Knock. If the PCM sees a consistent amount of ST KR, it will use LT KR to try to keep ST at 0.

Spark-->
Actual Spark Cy1( you can do Cyl 2,3,4 also but there's USUALLY little difference)--Final timing advance after all modifiers.

EPDSS-->
RPM

Foundation inputs-->
MPH--Car's speed

Injector Control--->
AVG TOTAL WORKING PW The injectors final pulse width. Duty-cycle = Pulse width x RPM / 1,200,000

Throttle Sensor Input--> *More clearly IDs WOT
THR POSN---Throttle position sensor voltage-~3.6-3.9v = WOT

Map-->
AV MAP TO USE--Absolute pressure inside your intake manifold(Boost = MAP - BARO)
AV TIP TO USE--use min TIP psi as "Baro"

FUEL FLOWS--->
1/1 LONG TERM ADAP--How much your PCM is adjusting the fuel table--Usually under 15% is fine, Over 20% is borderline, more than 25% is not fine
1/1 SHORT TEM ADAP--Show instantaneous Upstream O2 sensor adjustment to fuel table
BARO-- Barometric pressure--Needed for boost calc(Boost = MAP - BARO)
PRATIO ---MAP/BARO
TOTAL VE BANK1

COOLANT TEMP-->
ECT--Engine Coolant Temperature

CHARGE TEMP-->
ACT--Air Charge Temperature--Measured by ACT sensor in cold pipe right before throttle body

DESIRED FUEL AIR-->
OPEN LOOP FA--Commanded A/F that the PCM is trying to reach. 93tune=11.77:1. THIS IS NOT YOUR TRUE A/F!! You need a wideband to measure your actual A/F. OLFA is usually anywhere from .2 to 3 points or more different from TRUE A/F.

Torque Management-->
TRQ DESIRED--Final Desired Torque the PCM is trying to reach after ALL modifiers applied

Wastegate Control-->
TURBO WG DC--Final WG solenoid duty cycle

The more BS you log the SLOWER the sample rate is. So if you're doing some serious tuning/diagnostics, don't log SHIT YOU DON'T NEED, it will just slow things down. With that said, I have logged over 95 pids at once and the slowest rate I have gotten was 1.2 seconds/sample.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks this is going to make my life that much easier. Mindmelt101 I emailed that info like you told me as well.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Awesome! Good job guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
quick question...maybe i keep passing it, but where do you go to adjust the tire size through the DS?

80% of all parameters(there's close to 200) are NOT in the handheld. PC required
so if we wanted to watch more parameters a laptop would be best?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
quick question...maybe i keep passing it, but where do you go to adjust the tire size through the DS?
last time i check with brain on this that feature is not available to us. why what size wheel and tires are on your car now I can check if the speedo is off.

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
last time i check with brain on this that feature is not available to us. why what size wheel and tires are on your car now I can check if the speedo is off.
ahhh that would explain, i'm on the stock rims right now, with 225/45 tires

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can only modify your tune with the handheld. Hooking it up to the computer is only used to look at things you datalog.

Hook it up to the car and backup your stock tune. Then load the 93 oct tune or modify your stock tune to change things.

What duster was saying is that the majority of the PID's that you datalog can only viewed on the computer and not the handheld.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also make sure you download the DS Downloader and the DS Dataviewer to your computer.

The downloader allows you to pull a tune from your handheld and put emailed canned tunes onto your handheld.

The dataviewer allows you to view the datalogs that you make with the handheld or while the handheld and laptop are in the car.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts

What duster was saying is that the majority of the PID's that you datalog can only viewed on the computer and not the handheld.
Ok, I understand. How can you tell the handheld to log those parameters since you cant highlight them? Or does it just do it automaticly then you use the computer to look at them?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 134 Posts