Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been searching the posts and ran across someone else asking or mentioning the fact that an oil catch can should have internal baffles to help trap more oil as it passes through. Does anyone know of a catch can that is baffled? I don't wanna plop down $50-100.00 on something that is the same good as the $20.00 catch mod. Found a lot of different catch cans on eBay and also on the supporting forum vendors sites. Just wanna get the best bang for the buck ya know. Thanks in advance>LB

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sounds like marketing BS to me. Oil will not "jump around" in a can. It simply drops to the bottom. I did not like the $20 home depot solution, so I put in a Gredddy.

Fact is, my '04 doesn't have a problem at all with blow-by oil. Not a drop, in fact. So if you have an '04, you may just want to skip it.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
My '04 has a problem with oil collecting at the bottom of the intercooler. I noticed some dripping and climbed under to see where it was coming from and there is a lot of oil on the driver side of the IC. BTW, my '04 is stock so this is a OEM problem. I will be getting a catch can soon.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yep, mine had oil coming out around the cold side of the intercooler too. After just 7,000 miles. So, last week I bought and installed it. I got the $20 catch can because I just can't see myself putting down around 80 bucks for a catch can. What like like about the 20 buck catch can (bought at Autozone) is that with the filter in place it makes it just a little harder for the intake to suck in air through the PCV. The oil is not being sucked out as quickly as it would without the filter.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The greddy unit works pefect. IF you notice, the fittings are 0 degrees from each other where as a water trap for a compressor is 180 degrees out. Also the greddy fittings poing down at a 45 degree. So you really do not need baffles for it to work correctly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
you i got an 04 and noticed this oil too so i started to take off the ic pipe but for shits and gigles it was my first oil chage i got a flashlight to see what all she looked like underthere looked up and noticed the oil was driping out of the air box , so now i realized i need 2 catch cans or just a breather on the driver side of valve cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.