Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I purchased and started to restore a SRT-4 it has torn me down Built Me Up taught me a lot and burned a hole directly through my wallet roughly 9000 later including cost Parts labor shop fees extra stuff and just the usual I'm sitting with
Wci cc10 18s
Booger bushings
Short throw shifter
Bc coilovers
Lexani 215 35r 18 84w
Stabilizer bar
Camber plates
Camber bolts
Resonators delete
Spoiler delete
Oil catch can
Blow off plate
Moog ball joints
Full Blackpath mount set
Ported intake manifold
Ported throttle body
Rigged intake system
Turbosmart wastegate actuator
Tpm system
Duralast gold tip wire
Duralast coilpack
Mgk iridium tip plugs
Xd250 head unit
Kicker 6x5 front 6x9 back
700 watt scotch wire
400 watt dual 2 12in Zeus hifonics
91 octane premium
2x Bumper quick release
0w40 Mobil

Have just need to install
Hood pins
1000w amp
2200 watt capacitor
Radar detector
Battery relocation
Hks bov
3 inch catless w 3in wlbow
Flare kit
Wideband gauge
Fuel pressure regulator
Oil pressure sensor
Digital boost gauge
Is my sheet so far but with the actuator I had to modify it bad to fit and now I have a serious over boost problem I know my gauge is wrong but it says its spiking at over 20lbs and I think I'm experiencing a stumble in my fuel system at high boost

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
If you're looking to turn the boost up and have it be safe for the motor, you need to look into some way of tuning the car and at least 3bar map and tip sensors. The stock sensors can't read above 18.25psi, so anything above that and the computer isnt going to like it. 3bar will get you to 29psi readings, which is way more that most people ever need.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on all of that. They are a uphill battle...

Playing off of Gump's post - Is this all of your performance mods? So you are Stock Turbo / Externally gated manifold correct?

First id get the WG actuator issues worked out, while also probably need to re-gap your plugs colder. Better yet - change them to NGK 4306 and ditch the iridiums. Also, change that Duralast coilpack to oem. Some people do ok on parts store coil packs, others have had issues. I stick to what works.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More or less I've been trying to do at least one thing per day with it wether it be sanding bondo along rear fender wells quick releases seal lines as they blow (too much boost) or I assume I still have to install a bunch of things like LCD boost gauge, fuel pressure regulator,afr gauge,battery locate and starter (it's starting to squeak after starting ) but write ups on any of them would be greatly appreciated all of the old write ups are missing the pics

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're looking to turn the boost up and have it be safe for the motor, you need to look into some way of tuning the car and at least 3bar map and tip sensors. The stock sensors can't read above 18.25psi, so anything above that and the computer isnt going to like it. 3bar will get you to 29psi readings, which is way more that most people ever need.
Well I ordered the 3bar map and tip gapped plugs to .35 Watergate chatter is gone
But I still have what I think is fuel cut everything shuts down it's similar to a bog but not that long it's only a split second that it happens but it's enough to lose the race

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I ordered the 3bar map and tip gapped plugs to .35 Watergate chatter is gone
But I still have what I think is fuel cut everything shuts down it's similar to a bog but not that long it's only a split second that it happens but it's enough to lose the race

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
once you get some way to tune the car (a requirement to run those 3 bar sensors), you should be able to datalog what the computer is doing. This may help you to figure out what's going on.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
I've seen a couple tuners that were married for cheap what would I have to do with it to be able to tune?
you have to get it unlocked from the previous VIN number so that it can be programmed to your VIN. There are different places that can do that, however its my understanding that it isnt very cheap to have it done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts