Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone give me a complete list of what needs to be bought/done to make this work? And the cheapest possible route as well. Thanks

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
NuVaSRT said:
stage 2 inj.,safc/dtec/mapclamp, wideband, and tune...
a mapclamp won't help. It needs to be an actual fuel controller, as you're getting at least 25% more fuel across the board.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
wjb9 said:
Could someone give me a complete list of what needs to be bought/done to make this work? And the cheapest possible route as well. Thanks

What are you plans? Before modding always have a plan if you are worried about being cheap. seriously for everyone out there if you have to ask about the price you haven't planned where you are even going with your car. Be realistic with it too.

If you plan on big turbo you should have done your research already in what you need to sucessfully run a nice set up. If you are don't bother with stage 2 injectors. Go bigger.

If you plan to stay stock turbo don't go the stage 2 inj. route, been there done that. Get the PTP FPR or a nice return fuel line. Works great. I ran that FPR with just a mapclamp and I liked the results, I also ran that with an SAFC 2 with a street tune and was even better.

BTW pit viper I have tried stage 2 injectors with a mapclamp and if the PCM has been properly reset and give it time to re learn it can take away a lot of the fuel in the lower rpms. There after you can use the map clamp better. But yes it would not be advisable since you would just have a big peak in power than die off quickly from running to rich.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the car will run

projectNEON said:
wjb9 said:

What are you plans? Before modding always have a plan if you are worried about being cheap. seriously for everyone out there if you have to ask about the price you haven't planned where you are even going with your car. Be realistic with it too.

If you plan on big turbo you should have done your research already in what you need to sucessfully run a nice set up. If you are don't bother with stage 2 injectors. Go bigger.

If you plan to stay stock turbo don't go the stage 2 inj. route, been there done that. Get the PTP FPR or a nice return fuel line. Works great. I ran that FPR with just a mapclamp and I liked the results, I also ran that with an SAFC 2 with a street tune and was even better.

BTW pit viper I have tried stage 2 injectors with a mapclamp and if the PCM has been properly reset and give it time to re learn it can take away a lot of the fuel in the lower rpms. There after you can use the map clamp better. But yes it would not be advisable since you would just have a big peak in power than die off quickly from running to rich.

i AGREE WITH MANY OF THE ABOVE IN CERTAIN TERMS --- EVERYTHING GOES WITH LONG TERM PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!:wah?!:
just short and sweet because i had a headache when i read this, to many libations... the stg 1 fuel pressure will push the stock turbo w/ stg 2 injectors (been there and done that) however all the other POSSIBLE BUT RARE remaining factors come into place (TO RICH AND A POOPIE IDLE "coming from an 04 stg one setup")! if you are going bigTURBO -- 682's are crap if you want to max out AND ABOVE stock internals (block and everything rated at or around 500) , (me i am running GT3071R and with a return line and truly expecting 410+ (and i think i may be pushing it) --- i have not got everything installed so i can't be 100% truth, nor do i think anyone else can be, its all subjective and relatively scientific.................^^^^^w/ big turbo like I have^^^^^and if YOU--- It will get you 400+ w/ a return line (AARONNEON SAID HE HAS SEEN 410+ W/ 12 A/F ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO W/ STG 2 INJECTORS).... now if you go with anything above the 71 -> better go with 750's - I am aware that my 682's will probably crap out in top end, so i will just fart on them! :flame:

remember bigger (injectors that is / and turbos depending on your cup of tea) is not always better, it may very well beat them insides up if it is to big!:rofl: and if you have that problem talk to your local doc... (i am happy for ya) (OF COURSE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE FULLFILLING A GOAL CAPACITY) -- YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO ARRANAGE SOME THINGS DIFFERENTLY -- rods, pistons, jay jay jet fuel lol~) AND BELIEVE ME THEY GET ACCOUSTUME TO IT!

More rich @ WOT -- obviously W/O AND MANAGEMENT.. -- piggy back

AND I PROBABLY LEFT OUT MORE GARBAGE... SO HANG TIGHT

cheapest way to get max on stock turbo depending on year and viscosity >>> hit him up I am tired... hit aaronneon up here on the forums for a 300+ setup --- remember you will be spiking to get max hp & tq -- not necessarily good on or small turbo all the time... AIM TOPHERUNNER

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At least for now... I don't plan on going big turbo. I have SSR Competition Wheels with 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes T1Rs and I am ordering the Maxxfab SEE with O2 housing- I figured that was the first thing I should do. Next I thought I should go with some kind of staged performance. I think I was just going to try to find a used stage 2 kit because I would be pretty set. Add on a AGP WGA as well. so what are your thoughts anybody?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts