Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a map clamp. i wanted the ptp 1 but they dont have them in stock. i read about the Dasmopar one. any more out there? witch are better worse- or does it matter?

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
Definitely only buy a map clamp from a vendor here on the forums..non vendors make horrible map clamps.:scratchhe :shshsh: :paranoid:

·
Banned
917 Posts
Srt-4acr said:
viperwolf said:
id like to know the answer to this too. anyway u could share the secret??

he is most likely selling his.

a mapclamp is a mapclamp. they are ALL going to use diodes or restrictors to limit map voltage.

the one thing ptp's mapclamp does that das' doesnt is it can show you your mapclamp w/o having to do a boost leak test, and also clamps your tip sensor (which has NEVER EVER shown results that were to better performance)

if you find the volt checker and tip clamp is worth the extra 30-35$ charge, then by all means get it.

a mapclamp is not brain science, and one will not outperform another in any way.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
no i simply told him he could make his own, I made them for all my freinds here. they are way to easy to make for someone to spend alot of money on them. I didnt post this because i knew i would catch slack from it

·
Banned
917 Posts
viperwolf said:
no i simply told him he could make his own, I made for all my freinds here. they are way to easy to make then for someone to spend alot of money on them. I didnt post this because i knew i would catch slack from it

why would you catch slack?

a total of $5 in parts, and an hr's worth of time = retail pricing that is 500% marked up for sale.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
christian! said:
viperwolf said:
no i simply told him he could make his own, I made for all my freinds here. they are way to easy to make then for someone to spend alot of money on them. I didnt post this because i knew i would catch slack from it

why would you catch slack?

a total of $5 in parts, and an hr's worth of time = retail pricing that is 500% marked up for sale.
Because its srtforums lol, you can catch slack from just asking a ? shipping is what cost more than the product

1 - 8 of 8 Posts