Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Got my car I've always wanted since debuting in 03, she's an 05 srt4 ? I'm incredibly happy. But, fucker won't run for some reason. Anyway that's a different thread for a different section of the forum haha. So, the front bumper I have I don't think is the original OEM bumper. Regardless though if it is or isn't, I do not like it in the least bit lol. I would like to replace it with the one with TWO radiator vent holes allowing for MORE air to the cooling system. Which is already severely starving for air flow as it is with my BFMIC. Anyway can y'all tell me what it is called/what model it's originally off of (if it's original on a specific package maybe?) Also, I'm from Central Texas area. If there's anyone is this area that might want it or wants to trade for their stock one. I'm interested and if you just wanna chill and make turbo noises I'm down with that too haha.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Well, first off, welcome.
That bumper looks pretty beat up and modded from a stock SRT4 bumper to seal the passenger 'nostril' and cut the crosshair out. Unlikely you will find someone to trade.
Being that these cars are gong on 14 years old, some specific parts are getting harder to find, hood and front bumper cover being the most difficult.
You can try the FB For Sale group, Modern Performance, Junk yards close to you to find one. Good Luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome man! And lmao I wasn't serious about trading lol you'd have to be an idiot to trade for my bumper, it's the definition of haggard hahahaha. But I don't think it's modded, nothing is cut and there's no form of molding done anywhere. I've checked the backside for any form of filler etc and there's nothing it's all urethane. I was hopeful that it was a modded OEM bumper so I could take my time repairing it and bringing it back to stock but sadly it's not ?? oh well.

I know that these cars are going into the older end of automotive life but I'm hopeful that the parts are readily available. Can get almost any cars body trim and panels, including lighting fixtures brand new from certi-fit. Back in Arizona we called it sorta-fit haha. It's all new oem parts that for some reason or another they didn't make the quality cut for the manufacturer, but 99% of the time they're flawless and fit perfectly. I'll inquire today about a new bumper and check to see if hoods are available as well. Once I know if they're available I'll pm you to tell you. Maybe someone can make a sticky about it if it pans out.

Thanks again man!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome man! And lmao I wasn't serious about trading lol you'd have to be an idiot to trade for my bumper, it's the definition of haggard hahahaha. But I don't think it's modded, nothing is cut and there's no form of molding done anywhere. I've checked the backside for any form of filler etc and there's nothing it's all urethane. I was hopeful that it was a modded OEM bumper so I could take my time repairing it and bringing it back to stock but sadly it's not ?? oh well.

I know that these cars are going into the older end of automotive life but I'm hopeful that the parts are readily available. Can get almost any cars body trim and panels, including lighting fixtures brand new from certi-fit. Back in Arizona we called it sorta-fit haha. It's all new oem parts that for some reason or another they didn't make the quality cut for the manufacturer, but 99% of the time they're flawless and fit perfectly. I'll inquire today about a new bumper and check to see if hoods are available as well. Once I know if they're available I'll pm you to tell you. Maybe someone can make a sticky about it if it pans out.

Thanks again man!
It's definitely a modified oem bumper. A few give aways are the clip holes for the fog surrounds, the holes for the second nostril, the yellow surface underneath the paint, and you can *barely* make out where the crosshairs were. Aftermarket bumpers are typically black or teal/blue-green.

My bumper has a few bruises from scraping driveways and that yellow surface is also underneath.

This place has them for $198 but it is unpainted. http://www.bodykitsdepot.com/Dodge/...003-2005-Dodge-Neon-4Dr-Srt-Front-Bumper.html

Aftermarket

Fast and Furious

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely a modified oem bumper. A few give aways are the clip holes for the fog surrounds, the holes for the second nostril, the yellow surface underneath the paint, and you can *barely* make out where the crosshairs were. Aftermarket bumpers are typically black or teal/blue-green.

My bumper has a few bruises from scraping driveways and that yellow surface is also underneath.

This place has them for $198 but it is unpainted. http://www.bodykitsdepot.com/Dodge/...003-2005-Dodge-Neon-4Dr-Srt-Front-Bumper.html

Aftermarket

Fast and Furious
[/QUOTE]

You seem pretty confident in your reply. But I'm telling you with sadness in my voice, it's not. Lol. The yellow is the color of the urethane, it's that color throughout the whole bumper. Trust me I wish it was OE, cuz then it'd be reversible. There's zero body work done anywhere on it. It's got no original paint anywhere on it ?. Side note though, that's not a bad price on a new bumper. I prefer it not painted regardless and 99.9%of the time buying any new panel it comes ready to paint in a black primer. Does anyone maybe reading this have a spare fog light trim? I need one for the passenger side. I found one randomly for the driver side at the wrecking yard but as luck would have it no srt4 anywhere in any wrecking yard within 100 miles ????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shiiiiiiit if the replacement was more expensive I'd modify this one I have to have the second vent (nostril) whatever it's called lol. I don't like having only the one lol. Looks cool but is actually hot. I don't like the operating temp as it is lol

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Take some good pictures of the back and top down of the bumper and post them up if you have time.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

This place has them for $198 but it is unpainted. Looking for 2003-2005 Dodge Neon 4Dr SRT Front Bumper Front Bumper? Best Perform

Aftermarket

Fast and Furious
You seem pretty confident in your reply. But I'm telling you with sadness in my voice, it's not. Lol. The yellow is the color of the urethane, it's that color throughout the whole bumper. Trust me I wish it was OE, cuz then it'd be reversible. There's zero body work done anywhere on it. It's got no original paint anywhere on it ?. Side note though, that's not a bad price on a new bumper. I prefer it not painted regardless and 99.9%of the time buying any new panel it comes ready to paint in a black primer. Does anyone maybe reading this have a spare fog light trim? I need one for the passenger side. I found one randomly for the driver side at the wrecking yard but as luck would have it no srt4 anywhere in any wrecking yard within 100 miles ????[/QUOTE]

Try searching facebook for Srt part outs. I've been wrong before so I'll gladly take the hit :jester: but the devil is in the details. Infact, the only other bumper I've ever seen that does not have nostrils, maintains the opening for the intercooler, and proper fitment of stock foglights is a SRT Design Bumper.

The Srt design bumper does not have notches cut for the foglight surrounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This place has them for $198 but it is unpainted. Looking for 2003-2005 Dodge Neon 4Dr SRT Front Bumper Front Bumper? Best Perform

Aftermarket

Fast and Furious
You seem pretty confident in your reply. But I'm telling you with sadness in my voice, it's not. Lol. The yellow is the color of the urethane, it's that color throughout the whole bumper. Trust me I wish it was OE, cuz then it'd be reversible. There's zero body work done anywhere on it. It's got no original paint anywhere on it ?. Side note though, that's not a bad price on a new bumper. I prefer it not painted regardless and 99.9%of the time buying any new panel it comes ready to paint in a black primer. Does anyone maybe reading this have a spare fog light trim? I need one for the passenger side. I found one randomly for the driver side at the wrecking yard but as luck would have it no srt4 anywhere in any wrecking yard within 100 miles ????
Try searching facebook for Srt part outs. I've been wrong before so I'll gladly take the hit
but the devil is in the details. Infact, the only other bumper I've ever seen that does not have nostrils, maintains the opening for the intercooler, and proper fitment of stock foglights is a SRT Design Bumper.

The Srt design bumper does not have notches cut for the foglight surrounds.

[/QUOTE]

The photos you included in this post aren't working for me. Lol damn it, I'll take some pics when I get home this evening for sure. Watch me be wrong and feel like a total idiot. Lol. I just know I absolutely do not by any means necessary want this bumper lol. It's not that I don't like it, because I do. And would like it even more if it wasn't so........ So......... S-.............. Ugh so beat up, tore up looking like crap. Just, like.... Runny diarrhea with corn in it crap lmao. Really I just don't like the fact that it blocks 90%of the airflow to the radiator and condenser. It really bothers me. These cars (at least to me) already run way hot. Blocking flow just send very redundant in the worst way lol. How do I get it to run cooler? Anyone have a lower temp opening thermostat part number by chance!?!?! I'd like to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone maybe reading this have a spare fog light trim?
This is where I got one last year:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2927049&cc=1424607&jsn=1
DUUUDE legit!!!!! Thank you so so so much. Lol it's killing be, I put my square LED driving lights because the previous owner had spray painted the stock ones black. So I took them off but couldn't properly remove the paint and still have a nice lense. So I just replaced them but they don't look that good being square in a round hole. But after finding the one trim piece and putting it on it makes The square look more uniform. I'll call on them tomorrow and find price. Again thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well hell, y'all were correct and I'm dumb. In my defense it's Texas and stupid humid with intense heat so when I was looking I wasn't LOOKING, more glanced really shortly. But either way it is irreversible. So Monday next week I'm going to order a new one. Mind you the temperature stays at the normal operating temp. I'm just not satisfied that the radiator gets adequate air flow to it with that bumper hole being blocked. Thanks y'all for the help in solving my mystery. Personally I think they did a pretty decent job. I'm going to start stripping the paint on it. Thinking of modifying the front a little bit to maybe retain this bumper but still get adequate air flow to the cooling system.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts
There is a reason why you can find engines for a lower price than what front clips go for on our vehicles. The engines take a ton of abuse, so usually SRT-4's get taken off the road by hitting something, most often on the front end. No real surprise there.

I get why people want an OEM bumper over purchasing an aftermarket bumper, in terms of authenticity, but sometimes you have to settle for what you can get. Honestly the prices for OEM used bumpers seems to have come down a little bit, it was insane 2008-2010 time frame. Now it's just a matter of even finding one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a reason why you can find engines for a lower price than what front clips go for on our vehicles. The engines take a ton of abuse, so usually SRT-4's get taken off the road by hitting something, most often on the front end. No real surprise there.

I get why people want an OEM bumper over purchasing an aftermarket bumper, in terms of authenticity, but sometimes you have to settle for what you can get. Honestly the prices for OEM used bumpers seems to have come down a little bit, it was insane 2008-2010 time frame. Now it's just a matter of even finding one.
Through the link posted above they're readily available. I couldn't care less honestly about authenticity. I truly only care about functionality. It has to obviously be appealing to the eye but without a doubt most important is it's function over it's form. Lol. I'm weighing my options of buying new and painting or repairing this one, making it how I want it and painting it. A new one I'm not comfortable modifying lol. Any used one especially mine since I don't care for it I'm totally down with modding. And really if it doesn't go according to plan I'll just order a new one. That's my thought process on it anyway lol.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Through the link posted above they're readily available. I couldn't care less honestly about authenticity. I truly only care about functionality. It has to obviously be appealing to the eye but without a doubt most important is it's function over it's form. Lol. I'm weighing my options of buying new and painting or repairing this one, making it how I want it and painting it. A new one I'm not comfortable modifying lol. Any used one especially mine since I don't care for it I'm totally down with modding. And really if it doesn't go according to plan I'll just order a new one. That's my thought process on it anyway lol.
Truth be told unless you're trying shave off time you're better off leaving it as is on the replacement. I'd rather have the crosshairs and mesh hit by debris instead of a clear shot at the intercooler.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Through the link posted above they're readily available.
That's a pretty new situation and probably temporary. I recommend jumping on that now, if you can get one. A little over a year ago, the only front fascia I could get for mine was almost $500. It's aftermarket, and the fitment is okay, but far from perfect.

Reactions: Slowryd

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Cripes, what is up with Rock Auto's website? That has to be some of the worst user interface I have ever seen, is it always like that? Little to no information regarding the part, sloppy links and just flat out bad coding. I've never browsed their site before... that's terrible.
I think I linked to what was originally a popup page. Here's a slightly better link:
2004 DODGE NEON 2.4L L4 Turbocharged Bumper Insert | RockAuto

But I agree they don't have a good user interface. Great customer service, though, and they have always supported us Dodge guys well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts