·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a guess ??

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
200-220, depending on ambiet temps and how hard you are getting on it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Agreed, mine runs 200-220 also. Only 220 in traffic running the air.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, i was just wondering that gauge bounces all over it's kinda hard to tell where it should be .. i think it's up around 220 if i romp on it , or if it idles for a few minutes..

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I don't know if you mean that the guage needle bounces a lot, or if the temp changes. The temp guage is a true reading version, unlike most that only give you hot or cold.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Personally, I plan on a thermostat change as soon as I get a chance. They probably have a 195 in there.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
post whore/bump :twisted:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Mike B.,

I wouldn't suggest changing the thermostat unless you have a reason. That's the proper operating temperature for this vehicle. I have seen on occasion where a vehicle ECU would not adjust settings properly because someone had replaced their 195 degree thermostat with a 180 degree stat. I didn't believe it either until we hooked up a computer and you could see that it wasn't making the appropriate adjustments. If your car is overheating, do it. If it isn't, I wouldn't replace it on the assumption that it would keep the entire engine cooler. Remember, you want the engine to be at proper operating temperature; not more, not less.

-Sam

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I took mine out auto-xing on a hot day in AZ, no problems at all, leave it running and crank the heat up on full and it drops down to operating temp in a few minutes. I see no need to replace the thermostat.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Now this is a really old thermostat debate thread. This is four or five months before I even know this site exists!:wah?!:

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
This was when the SRT-4 was still limited and special and mostly owned by older gentlemen. I don't think Stage 1 even existed yet! LOL

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It was close. I got my car in May of 03. Stage 1 had just come out and was a "big" deal. :jester: When I'd go to the track, I'd be the only SRT there (MAYBE 1 or 2 others) and people would constantly come up to me and ask me questions about it, no haterade whatsoever. It's funny you mentioned old men owning it too. Where I worked at the time 2 guys, one in his 40's and another in his 50's got SRT-4's also about 2 weeks before I got mine. And the first time I saw one run at the local track it was also an older guy who worked for DCX and was testing parts out on one. He ran a 13.3 @ 109 which at the time shocked me. I couldn't believe how much faster he ran over stock. He was testing out parts but couldn't elaborate on what, I think it was a prototype for stage 2.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Yeah Stage 1 was a huge deal and later on there was all the buzz, arguments, speculation, and murder mystery about the Stage 2 kit. A low 13 "back in the day" so to speak was enough to get some major attention and discussion going. Ahh the good ol' days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts