Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is most safe boost you can run on 93 or 94 octane gasoline? I am talking about with a really good tune , great fuel delivery system and all the precautions? I run 18psi on pump and 24 on race gas. I see people running over 18 with no problems but how long can you do that before something blows up? I was hopeing for like 20-22 on pump and 24-28 on race gas. Let me know what you guys think. What is your pump gas boost like?
thanks
Mike

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I guess it just depends on what kind of compression you run. It seems like there is never a correct answer when talking about boost with the srt-4. Everyone has different things.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Proper injectors and tuning you can easily run 25lbs of boost on 93 pump with the .50 trim T3/T4 turbo set-up. All the proper mods must be accomplished. Tuning is the key. Keeping your F/As below 12:1 and it will be safe. Like I stated before tuning is critical. I have ran 25lbs many times on 93 octane, but only temporary. Nothing constant in this boost level due to high F/As. I have seen as much as 28lbs on a GT30/40 on pump gas and the car ran in the mid 12s.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joejamesatou said:
On the stock turbo? What size injectors? Return fuel?
Switzer 54mm Turbo, 750cc injectors, Aeromotive 1000HP fuel pump. Getting it tuned with emange and stage 2 ecu next week so I guess I will find out what is good. Is A/F all that matter with higher octane gas? I thought it was more then that, I mean I can run 24lbs on pump and have good A/F but I want it to be SAFE, isn't race fuel alot safer at higher boost? thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any more input? thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
I run 24psi (60-1) good a/f ... 93 octane gas. Daily.

Tune it well.. and with an efficient turbo.. you can run high boost. I could turn my boost higher.. but need more fuel in top end(rising rate fuel system/bigazz pump/etc).

Laters!
Jason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts